This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Connect bluetooth 820

After the last upgrade of the Garmin Connect app my mobile and edge device 820 no longer connect. I completely uninstalled garmin connect and installed ex novo but after the first pairing to the next one it doesn't find the edge device 820 anymore. I noticed however that after the first pairing in the bluethooh options of my mobile there are two icons one the classic one of the bluetooh with beside written Edge 820 and another PC-shaped icon also written Edge 820. It looks like two devices are connected to my cellphone ... Boh. Does anyone have a remedy? Every time I have to download a tour, I always have to delete my cellphone from the garmine device and mate again. Even with wifi the same thing. This thing is frustrating. Everything worked very well before. Signature version v.11
  • ^^^ I've done that many times. Mine worked for a while but lately it works after I do the pairing as described, but after the next ride or two it's not connecting. Cycling power etc doesn't make it work. Though the phone lists it as paired (both types) it doesn't show it as being active. It's like the 820 BT is off. I need to go through that complete process again to get it to talk. I'm not sure why it loses it. The next thing I'm going to try is deleting all paring, uninstalling GC on the phone, and re-installing it. That has worked in the past.
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 5 years ago
    Hi,

I've done that yeterday, after many shutdown of the mobile phone and the edge, all seems to be ok. I'll test this during few days.

;-)
  • PaulOver - We do monitor the Garmin Forums. A generalization that 'all' Garmin Connect users are experiencing a problem is very simplified to say the least. As for the syncing and re connection problem you are experiencing, we are researching this to determine the cause. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Any update on this at all?
  • I have this same issue.

Deleted 820 from GCM, and repaired, and again, it worked until I quit the app or turned the phone off. Then, you get to start all over.

While it may be an over-generalization to say "everyone", I think enough people have the issue to make it a valid statement. One of my Garmin frustrations is when they update software, it usually breaks what's already working. Thus, if you don't update, you have problems. If you do update, you also have problems.

Getting the 820 to sync seems to require a new process with every update.
  • Same issue to me. No bt connection with connect app.
  • Problems here as well. Subscribed for a hopeful solution.
  • I've also had a number of BT issues in the last month. Some have required full removal of the device in GC, manual deletion of the BT connection in Iphone settings (as GC doesn't do this as part of the removal for some reason), 'Forgetting the phone' on the 820, then starting again. Occasionally I've been able to resurrect the connection simply by turning my phone BT off and on again.

BT is not the most stable of wireless systems, I have problems with headphones, speakers, pretty much everything i connect to. I'm well used to the Delete,Re-pair routine!!

That said there's definitely been more issues recently with the 820.
  • I see in a other forum that there is a fix for the BT problem. When will Garmin release the update for all users?
  • Workround:

Open Garmin Connect like usual and turn on BT on you Edge 820.
    No remove you Edge from Garmin Connect or select forget device from you phone.
    On you phone select pair a new device. You will see a list of near device include your Edge, select cancel, don't repaired. and then you'll see your Edge connected to Garmin Connect app without problem.

Work for me everyday.
  • I see in a other forum that there is a fix for the BT problem. When will Garmin release the update for all users?

What is the nature of the fix? A new 820 firmware? Or a new GC version?

A link to the thread in the other forum would be useful.

Thanks