This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

“Off Course” the entire course

I just got an Edge 520 Plus. Last night I planned out my ride on the Garmin Fit site exactly as I wanted it and loaded it in to the device as the only course. I chose a course I knew as I wanted to test the device out, having had a miserable experience with the Wahoo Elemnt.

so this morning I selected the course and said start course. For the rest of the ride the device said I was “off course”. And yet I could even see on the map view that the trail I was on was rendered thicker on the map, suggesting I was indeed on the course. 

Anyone have any suggestions before I just send this back and buy a cheap Android phone instead?

• Today I reload all the Maps in my Garmin Edge 520 and my GPS was no longer indicating Off Course.  This is the good news, now it works fine with guidance all the way.  Their was a new update to Garmin Connect for IOS so I did installed that one as well before testing the GPS . It seems to work fine.

Now they introduced a new bug in Garmin Connect and we can't add a title to the Live Track event.  I am now stuck with the last title I used to indicate which ride I was doing.  I guess we will have to wait for a new release to fixed that new bug.

• I rolled back to 5.43 and have had no problems.  That being said, I have not used the app at all.  I will be quite content to refuse to upgrade until version 5.61.

• This drove me crazy this morning. Thanks for saving me from throwing this thing into a river (for now). 

• Yep same no navigation for my whole ride, angry. Any idea how to solve it? 

• I wouldn't say it is solved, but I changed to version 5.43 (as per previous reply by 9437547) and it is working for me. I do not use the app, but others have said the app crashes. 

• How do I go back???? 

• From the link:  https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15149

Installation Instructions

1. Connect your Edge 520 Plus to your computer using the USB cable.
    2. Download and unzip Edge520Plus_543Beta.zip. Place the GUPDATE.GCD file in the \GARMIN folder of your device's internal storage drive.
    3. Disconnect your device from the computer, approve the update on the Edge, and wait for the update to finish.
    4. If you would like to revert to the last public release software, follow the above steps but place the GUPDATE-540.GCD file in the \GARMIN folder. Rename the file to GUPDATE.GCD before disconnecting your device. NOTE: If you revert to an older version of software, all of your settings will be reset to defaults.
  • I sent it back and got a 530 instead which is working well, and I like the bigger screen. Hopefully they don’t introduce the same bug.

• I have the same error, but it is not consistent.  For the past two weeks, about half my courses (all created in Strava routes) said "off course" the entire time.  The other half worked fine.  I'm unable to find out what interaction in these particular routes is causing the issue.  I'm on 5.60 and not looking forward to reverting and losing all of my settings.

• For those who see this, how are you creating your courses? Maybe it has something to do with that.