This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Shimano Di2 D-Fly connection drops

I have frequent droputs/reconnects of my Shimano Di2 D-Fly on Edge 520 Plus. Messages keeps popping up all the time about Di2 connected and Di2 shift mode. Also got a couple of Di2 Low Battery warnings, even though it's not. The D-Fly is approx 10cm from the Edge. I do not experience these problems on my Fenix 5.
FW 2.60 did not help.
  • I have frequent droputs/reconnects of my Shimano Di2 D-Fly on Edge 520 Plus. Messages keeps popping up all the time about Di2 connected and Di2 shift mode. Also got a couple of Di2 Low Battery warnings, even though it's not. The D-Fly is approx 10cm from the Edge. I do not experience these problems on my Fenix 5.
    FW 2.60 did not help.

Same problem here. 520 plus / Di2 (with latest firmware). Any suggestions, hints..?
  • I had the disconnecting messages today with my ETAP. Has not been a problem previously, even on the same firmware. Quite weird.
  • I keep getting a message about which Di2 shift mode I am in at the top of my Garmin 1000. Message pops up and the Garmin chimes about every 2 minutes. Very annoying. I do have the latest firmware installed.
  • I have the same problem with Di2 (Wireless module) EW-WU111.
    Edge 520+ connected to: Edge remote, Tickr HRM-band, Favero Assioma Duo powermeter, Varia 510 radar...
    No problems when I use my old Edge 810
  • Has anyone had any response from Garmin on this issue? I have the same problem with Di2. I even replaced the D-Fly unit and patch cable and same problem. I reset the Edge and made sure that the first sensor added was the Shimano D-Fly unit. Sometimes that seems to help for a few rides, but then it starts to fail again. Some of my observations:

•  It's sporadic. About half the time it works.
    •  I've had many cases where the D-Fly connection starts to work as soon as I end my current ride.
    •  It seems somehow related to phone connection. When my D-Fly works, I will get the message that LiveTrack fails.

Maybe I'll turn off the phone-related features such as LiveTrack, messages, incident detection and see if that gives better stability.

• I was able to reproduce the connectivity drop/reconnect problem last night with my bike on the trainer. Every minute or so, the gears display would blank out, then I would get the di2 found message, followed by the shift mode message. Then I disabled Bluetooth on the Edge 520 and the connection stayed solid. Granted, it is only one sample and disabling features shouldn't be the long-term solution, but it seems to work.

I have no clue why Bluetooth enabled on the Edge 520 would affect connectivity to the Di2D-Fly unit if indeed that's what is happening. Hoping others who experience this issue could try a similar test to see what their results are.

• I can now usually get my D-Fly to work with the Edge 520. My trick is to make sure that I'm running the Connect app on my phone before starting my Edge and before activating any other sensors. No idea why this would work, but I do get good results with it.

If anyone from @GARMIN actually pays attention to these posts, it would be good to hear their input.