This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sms and call notifications

Former Member
Former Member
I have a Garmin Edge 520 and I noticed that if I connect it by bluetooth to my phone, and my phone doesn't have internet connectivity at the moment, I will not receive sms ou call notifications until I turn it on.
It seems Garmin Connect needs it to synchronize something at least once. After that you can turn the internet off and it keeps working.

My question is, why is that? Why should internet connectivity affect direct notifications between two bluetooth devices?
  • I had the same problem going from 5 to 6. I still had my 5 and the solution was to forget the bluetooth connections on the 5, backup and use that backup for migrating.
    If you don't have your old 6, I don't know what you could do other than setting up the new phone without migrating.
  • I had the same problem going from 5 to 6. I still had my 5 and the solution was to forget the bluetooth connections on the 5, backup and use that backup for migrating.
    If you don't have your old 6, I don't know what you could do other than setting up the new phone without migrating.

Thanks - but unfortunately I no longer have my old 6.
  • You could try resetting the network setting as per this site. If that doesn't work it looks like you my be stuck with setting it up as new phone.