This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

why is my 1030 saying training status unavailable

i have done activities for the last 30 days.also the vo2 max reading can not be right. i am 56yrs and i would be over the moon if my vo2 max was what it was showing . any ideas 

• Do you see the VO2 max on the Edge? Which acitivity type are you logging your rides as? Check what it is being logged as in Garmin Connect. I don't think that mountainbiking will calculate VO2 max values.

• It's missing from both the device and GC.

It's possible that it's the activity type that might be the problem, there's road cycling, mountain biking, indoor cycling and virtual cycling (I'm pretty sure virtual doesn't get picked up by training status though)

• It is probably so. AFAIK virtual cycling doesn't give you a correct speed and distance. It is calculated by the software used.

The support page isn't super clear which activity types that will calculate a new VO2 max value.

https://support.garmin.com/en-GB/?faq=lWqSVlq3w76z5WoihLy5f8

Cycling VO2 Max Estimate
    If you are having difficulty obtaining a cycling VO2 Max Estimate, try riding a course where you can maintain a steady effort. You can also try using an indoor trainer.

• Cycling activity must be 20 minutes in length or longer without stopping
    • Heart rate data from either a built-in optical heart rate sensor or from a chest strap
    • Heart rate must be elevated to at least 70% of your maximum heart rate for at least 20 minutes continuously
    • Power meter is required