This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Getting alarm sound on phone when alarm activated

As above if the alarm is activated and linked to your phone, WHY cant you be informed via sound on the phone, we are off the bike to get a coffee etc and chat unless you are looking at the phone you wont know your bike alarm has triggered, is it possible to get the phone to alarm as well etc 

• Still not making any sounds on my phone. Looks like this problem still exists? I can’t find anything online that explains how to fix it. Very annoying!! 

• What is your expectation. The feature is that the edge beeps and the phone only get a notification. That is how it works. 

• My expectation is a useful feature. A silent iPhone alarm is worse than useless. Do you work for Garmin by any chance? (Note the question mark.)

• I don’t work for garmin. The feature my not be what you want but it remains very useful. That said I don’t think iOS allows apps to play alarms, only to trigger notifications. Hence the way it works. However you can change the sound of the Garmin Connect Mobile app notifications so they are more like an alarm. It will apply to any type of notifications for that app however. Like for any app go to settings/Notidications if you want to change it   

• Thanks for replying. Me and others who have complained on this subject have tried settings/notifications till we're blue in the face to get some kind of sound when the alarm triggers. I even took my 1030 and iPhone 11 to the local Apple store and demonstrated the issue; the tech maintained it was Garmin's problem. I still fail to see how a silent notification is any use unless you have your phone in front of you all the time you're away from your bike.

• I just had a closer look and indeed it does not seem possible to change the alert sound for Connect Mobile. I think Garmin runs into limitations imposed by Apple  to keep the user experience cohesive. But this bike alert feature probably does not fit very well into that paradigm. If I ever find something I will post.

• Somehow it is strange that an notification send by the IQ app is always silent. As when an app like WhatsApp triggers notifications these (can) include sound, so why hasn't that been possible for the IQ app is the question.

• Thanks for that, I went through a similar solution in iOS and found that the Notifications for Connect was Off by default, turned them on, hopefully good to go now.