This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Only Charging to 97%

Ever since the 7.5 update the unit does not charge to 100% regardless of how long its plugged in.  The most it shows while charging is 99% and as soon as I unplug it goes to 97%.  This never happened before the 7.5 update.

Can we expect this to be fixed in the next firmware update?

Thanks,

John Marrocco

• I just charged my 1030 and it got up to 100%. I left it on for about five minutes and the level stayed at 100%. I still think how you charge it is the determining factor.

• i don't agree, every mobile phone can do this, my last and my latest Oneplus is 100% when it's charged, even when i look a hour later when i haven't used it! Stuck out tongue closed eyes

• Mine shows 100% after it is shut down after charging and restarted. I don't really think that those whose computers show 97% have a issue. What matters is how long the Garmin runs and I think we can all agree that it has a fantastic battery life.

• Something has changed, and I believe is something related to this feature "Shutdown after charging" that has been introduced recently.

Sometimes I have the same problem, Edge 1030 shut down when it is near to 100% or believe to be at 100% and then when I turn it on it is at 97/98%. Other times it is at 100%. But from 7.5 I see this thing to happen.

• Same issue with me. Charges to 100% either plugged into laptop or with various different AC wall outlets....as soon as I turn the device back on it is never any more than 97-98%. I understand it shouldn't be a big deal but there must be a problem somewhere in the firmware, the battery also starts depleting from this value straight away once powered on. Every other electronic device I own stays at 100% for a certain period of time.

• Point is why would you care. But anyhow.

• Other devices stay 100% because they do not show the real charge. Of course as soon as you start using a device the battery start to drain and does not stay fully charged. Either way charge indicators should always be considered approximative. Especially when the battery aged somewhat.

• I just got a new 1030 and it came with 7.0 firmware.  I charged it to 100% and it stayed at 100% when unplugged.  When I upgraded to 7.5 firmware I get 97% immediately after unplugging from a full charge.

The issue appears to be with the 7.5 firmware.

If someone has a unit with 7.0 firmware can you verify my findings.

• This is a brand new unit. 1 week old

• I have confirmed that the 97% issue does not exist in firmware 7.0 but is present in 7.5.