This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Swim Screen

I had an accident a few months ago, when I changed the battery on my Swim, and didn't close the lid perfectly. Some water got in. Although I dried it using all tricks and suggestions, and it works perfectly, the screen is a bit damaged as you can see in pics. Can something be done about this? Maybe go to a watch repairer...? Has anyone had some previous similar experience?

• Speak to Garmin, They have Exchange Plans. Where you don't pay full price for a New or Refurbished Unit.

• Unfortunately they don't sell these anymore. I brought mine to a dive watch repair shop and hey said they could not re-seal plastic to be "waterproof." However, Garmin may offer you a discount on a newer model.

• Thanks,

They offered me a 15% discount on a new product. Still, I can find the garmin 2 cheaper on other retailers, even without the 15% discount...

But for now I'll continue using mine.

• Yeah, I'd ride it out if it works. I switched to the 735xt when mine died (before the release of the swim 2). If you are mainly swimming, even if older this will more than do what you are looking for (and more), and sometimes there are amazing deals. Even the newer 245 has pool swimming now. Good luck (I miss my Swim!).