This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin 935 Swim Pool Distance tracking inaccurate (adds meters)

Hello ,
I have problem with the meter tracking during pool swim. Garmin 935 adds meters for example i make 50meters and it shows 100 meters.
I notify that :
-The entering of Pool size is correct (50 meters)
-My swimming speed is consistent
-Do not stand/stop midway

Also, I notify that I have the same problem with my previous Garmin 935 , I contact Country's Official Garmin Center they change the watch and gave me a brand new one but the problem still remains and in the new one watch.

Can anyone help me ?

Thanks
  • Do you put the watch into rest mode when resting at the wall?
  • No , I do not put the watch in rest mode. I have notice that the watch adds meter ( shows 100 meters instead of 50 meters) when I pass a slower swimmer, but my swimming speed is consistent.

• Actually, direct speed in water is not relevant. It's what you do with your arms that's important. If you break the rhytmic stroke with the watch-wearing arm, then this might confuse the watch.

Also, when you make a pause at the wall (if you do), then put the watch into rest mode.
  • NGDI As per tmk2 its when you break stroke that the watch can get confused - I find that it only very occasionally adds lengths usually where I have to take avoiding action or pass another swimmer messily. These can be quite easily corrected afterwards in conncect
  • Unfortunately because it uses a pattern recognition algorithm on accelerometer data it can occasionally miscount pool swim lengths. If you care about having accurate records you can export the FIT file and fix it using the Swimming Watch tools web site.
  • Thank you all for your help!

Which steps I have to follow to correct it afterwards in connect ?

Thanks in advance!
  • NGDI go into the activity in Connect on a PC select edit> switch the activity type to other - this allows you to edit the total distance> switch back to lap swimming this will then allow you to override pool length no of lengths and total distance - then when happy save it