This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Connect to Computer after battery change

Hi, can anyone help with this problem?

My Garmin Swim had a low battery and needed it changing. I removed the old battery and put a new one in. Now the watch displays 'Connect to Computer' and I can do nothing with it.

In an attempt to resolve the issue, I've removed it from Garmin Express (V5.0.0.0) and tried to re-add it. This finds the watch, the the 'pairing with Garmin Express' is unsuccessful. When the message 'Could Not Pair' is displayed on Express, 'Data Transfer' is displayed on the watch. Trying to pair again is not successful. Eventually the watch reverts back to 'Connect to Computer'. I've restarted the computer and had no joy.

Has anybody any advice on resolving this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Robert
  • Hi, can anyone help with this problem?

My Garmin Swim had a low battery and needed it changing. I removed the old battery and put a new one in. Now the watch displays 'Connect to Computer' and I can do nothing with it.

In an attempt to resolve the issue, I've removed it from Garmin Express (V5.0.0.0) and tried to re-add it. This finds the watch, the the 'pairing with Garmin Express' is unsuccessful. When the message 'Could Not Pair' is displayed on Express, 'Data Transfer' is displayed on the watch. Trying to pair again is not successful. Eventually the watch reverts back to 'Connect to Computer'. I've restarted the computer and had no joy.

Has anybody any advice on resolving this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Robert

I'm having the exact same issue.

I've had another Garmin swim before this one, and I never had an issue syncing (Had to replace it after 2 years as the display failed). The only thing I have not tried is changing the ANT+ stick, but the watch gets found, just can't sync.

When I hard reset, the watch will revert straight back to connect to computer. If I hold the clock, menu and play buttons, I can get to a time screen (not the correct time), but if I try to access the menu it switches straight to "connect to computer".

Please help!

*Update*

Found my other USB ANT+ stick and tried reinstalling Garmin express, resetting the garmin swim but still no luck.

Sometimes I get the option to pair on a fresh install, but even after selecting yes it says could not pair instantly on express. Really annoyed that I can't use the watch!
  • I have exactly the same issue. Just stopped working after battery change. I have tried Hard Reset of Clock - Menu - Up buttons but same happpens.

Is there any way of resetting the firmware?

Cheers
  • It happened to me too with the battery change. Now unable to pair with pc. Garmin support says it's out of warranty , over 12 months after purchase and wanted £82 for repairs. Surely if it's their software at fault then they should fix it for free. This is no way to treat customers. Horrible experience. Will not buy Garmin again, will get consumer watch dogs on the case.
  • For anyone interested in that, I had the same problem. Solution for me has been resetting the garmin swim and associating the watch DURING the reset process, and not after through the menu option of the watch. It seems that the watch just after the reset stays in associating mode for a while
  • Hi lukecc42,

could you please give more details on that?

Did you have your ant+ device plugged in and Garmin express running while doing the reset?

For me it still brings me to "connect to computer"