This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

The 965 is here ...finally

• Now to see if I can get some miles in this week to test it..

• It's strange that compared to the 955, they made the packaging more crappy.

• Cost cutting lol Laughing 

• I think they are trying to reduce the size for shipping and other reasons ,also its largely cardboard now, no additional foam insert - probably for environmental reasons. Anyway its a box and it did the job getting the watch to me :-) eventually!

• Let's accept it, okay :) Anyway, it's a very good watch.

• 965 (left) and then 955 and 265 (right)

The strap on the 965 is more like the one on the 265 , sits much better and I dont think need to replace it straight away. I found the 955 strap a bit bulky and not as flexible.

The screen is definitely better than the 265 at an initial point of view , with less glare at the edges for sure. Thats my initial thoughts.

I found the 265 very light compared to the 955 and thought the 965 would feel heavy after testing the 265 , but the thinner design definitely makes a difference.

• looking forward to hearing your review/comments. (although with some reluctance as i don't want to fall into FOMO mode)

get in some good miles! :) 

• Hi SMR you are now our trusted impartial reviewer, already with 265 you were fantastic, now we await you with a new treasure

• Tuesday 4 April 2023:

I did my first activity today. 7.5k full GPS.  It may just be my eyes but to me the 965 screen is much less reflective than the 265. I commented earlier that I'd noticed this in a video on line. It has to do with the curve of the glass towards the bezel which is much more accentuated on the 265. Additionally the glass on the 965 is supposed to be less reflective, so both together do make a difference.

I still wish the gesture was more sensitive - or that the sensitivity could be adjusted.

The battery was 83% after this , about one days since I set it up and charged it. Not a good indication of anything given how much one plays around on a new device...

Certainly the one thing I do notice is the thinner design vs the 955.

• good to hear this update. your main dissatisfaction was the gesture on the 265. is it about the same on the 965 or did it more reliably light up when you wanted to look at your screen.

are you tempted to keep it and sell your 955 after a short experience with it?

i can imagine that the thinness and larger screen are very noticeable. (i think those are larger selling points to me than the OLED, but likely not enough for me to justify selling my 955 :p )