This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

First impressions

Watch arrived this morning, first impressions are great. Screen is big and bright, build quality is good, yes it’s plastic but that means it’s light. Buttons are clicky unlike my previous mushy 945 buttons. 

it arrived with 70% battery, after setting it up, faffing with watch faces and then a software update I was left with 68%. Just back from 40min trail run and it’s down to 65%

A good start, interesting to see how we get along over the week!

• ... the AOD ist the problem i think...

• I agree with you, but apparently the gesture doesn't work too well and in any case I find it annoying, we should understand if brightness -2 is visible during the day and if you can set -2 only time and -1 in activity, otherwise it lasts too little and makes no sense

• I was expecting about 6 or 7 days with always on display at lowest brightness setting. The gesture based switching on of screen delay irks me which is why I don't use that mode. I don't use music or payments and rarely use watch itself outside of running/hiking for anything other than checking the time. I was hoping to be able to charge once a week on rest day.

I went out for a 1h walk after posting battery update yesterday, through the woods up a hill so will have been using the more accurate GPS at times I guess. It was at 88% after that.

It was then in sleep mode overnight from 10:30 until 7:30 this morning.

Now 24h after it being charged up to 100% it is at 79% and estimating 5d remaining.

• I too had the same expectations as you but, I imagine that listening to music even using only gps, the charge will run out much faster. Is it possible to read the time easily with the lowest brightness? And above all during the activity can you set a higher brightness?

• Isn’t 5 day better with AOD with tracking an activity.

• Thanks for your answer but bad disappointment compared to what is declared at the launch of the product

• Since the full charge at 10am on Monday, the watch is now at 28% and estimating 2 days remaining. Since full charge I have done 3h of GPS activity (a mix of clear skies and hilly woodland).

Not sure if watch will make it a full week between charges as I'll be doing a 1h run tomorrow, but let's see how long it lasts, I think it'll be close.

So after the initial fast battery drop just after charging it does seem to have lasted quite well. Maybe the battery drain or at least the reporting of it isn't linear. Or maybe the watch was doing something to drain the battery quicker, it had already done the software update so it wasn't that syncing.

I'll update again on Monday!

• I had to return mine, replacement hopefully due tomorrow, as the battery life was mirroring the unit DC Rainmaker had before he got his replaced. With the AOD off and no other modifications CIQ or anything like that my battery went from 100 on Monday to 55 on Wednesday with between an hour to an hour and a half gps activities a day. I recharged to 74 on the Wednesday evening and it was down to 61 by Thursday lunch time. Garmin suggested a factory reset, which I did and charged back to 100. After 3 hours I’d dropped 3 percent. So I reached out to Wiggle and am getting a replacement. Aside from that, I am loving the watch. I really hope the replacement fixes the issues I had. 

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 1 year ago
    [deleted]
  • How are you finding the battery life? I’m on my second watch as I returned my first one due to it going through battery quicker than I’d have imagined. Screen off no additional screens or CIQ etc etc. just as it came out the box with the most basic watch face…second watch is also draining by quicker than I’d have imagined. Fully charged Saturday about 11pm and I’m on 74% now and I’ve done one, just over an hour, GPS activity. Am I worrying too much?