heart rate sensor doesn't work anymore (WHR version 0.00)

I have a problem with my forerunner 955 with firmware 18.15. It constantly trying to update. Since it updated the heart rate sensor doesn't work anymore. In "Info" it says "BMX: 0.0.0. (!)", "WHR 0.00.00" and "Sensor Hub: 0.01". The watch also doesn’t connect to WiFi anymore, due to „low battery“, but the battery is almost 100%. It have already connected it to Garmin Express and also deleted the "RemoteSW" folder. But no effect. I guess it is some kind of update error. Does someone know how to fix it? 

• All, 

I'm very sorry to all who are experiencing this. If checking for updates with Garmin Express does not update these versions, you will need to contact your local Product Support Center directly.

Garmin Product Support

• Hello,

Is the issue fixed on your side ?

I got a similar issue right after updating the software to the version 18.23

The heart rate sensor, number of steps, green light are not working anymore...Will there be another software update to fix this issue please?

• Hello,  I have the same problem since a couple of days and the new update. i'm running version 18.23 and there was mostly an update per day detected by my watch. Is is a know issue on Garmin side and what is the action plan to resolve this as it impacts highly the core functions of the watch.  Thanks!

• Good afternoon, everyone.
    I will try to tell you about the method that helped me to restore my Forerunner 955 Solar from dead (BMX: 0.0.0.(!)", "WHR 0.00.00" and "Sensor Hub: 0.01) to working condition.
    In order.
    If you have the opportunity, contact your local Garmin representative immediately to request a replacement watch. This is what the official representative recommends, apparently they have no time to search and eliminate the cause for several dozens of similar failures.
    And for those who for some reason failed to replace the watch with a new one, don't despair. This failure is of software nature and is not related to the Sensor Hub microcontroller malfunction.
    So, the main point is.
    If you have firmware 18.23 today and you have in the status BMX: 0.0.0.(!)", "WHR 0.00.00" and "Sensor Hub: 0.01, then you need to copy the incremental firmware version 17.26 to the root of the Garmin watch folder and after reboot you will get a message about sensor software update.
    Where to get 17.26
    If you copy each new firmware to yourself on your computer, then use it.
    If you don't have your own 17.26, I will give you a link to my version below, it's your choice to trust me or not.
    I can't give a 100% guarantee of a successful cure with this method on your watch, but it worked for me and I've been using my 955 in activities for a few days now.
    If you have any questions, I will answer them.

• Hi Igor, how do you "store" the update file when it is sent to the device before updating? Thanks 

• The watch is now receiving updates via:
    1. Computer - Garmin Express,
    2. WiFi to the watch in the Garmin folder
    3. Bluetooth application Garmin connect mobile
    To save the new firmware file before installing it, it is advisable to disable automatic firmware update in the watch settings and do it yourself periodically if necessary when you receive information about the release of new firmware and the absence of failures in it.
    When you check for new firmware and receive the following message: update downloaded and install version ....., you should connect the watch to your computer and copy the downloaded GUPDATE.GSP file from the Garmin root directory to your computer or flash drive before clicking OK.
    The issue is that now Garmin's policy on Forerunner new series these old firmware are virtually useless. Even going back one step of the full firmware it is impossible to do so.

• Thanks for sharing this Igor, good that it worked for you.

I have the same issue with 18.23 and  status BMX: 0.0.0.(!)", "WHR 0.00.00" and "Sensor Hub: 0.01, which results in No Wireless, no Music, no HR, no Steps count, no backlight when moving my watch.

I tried your fix and unfortunately it doesn't resolve the issue. Was there anything else you tried to get this back working? just wondering if some steps helped ina ddition of the 17.26 GUPDATE file in the Garmin root folder.

thanks for your help.

• Yes, before successfully installing the 17.26 sensor software, I performed multiple full resets of the watch firmware, deleted all IMG maps from the Garmin folder except for the time zone and DEM files.
    Also tried unsuccessfully to install available versions of earlier firmware (I have almost a full collection of them) and the penultimate one was 17.24 (the full penultimate version of the official release).
    There were more attempts to edit... I don't think they could have affected the result, I don't want to talk about it here.

• Basically, Garmin needs to include in the next firmware release all the existing sensor firmware versions that currently have faulty values - 0.0.0! and 0.01, assign them the following software version numbers without changing their functionality and everything will install and return to work.
    Ideally, a rollback firmware could be created that would allow you to remove and install the previous software version of the sensors and the clock as a whole.
    Will they do it, I'm not sure?
    And so wait for a firmware update to come out with the next version of sensor software.