This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Elevation and Navigation fields on Ultra activity

I discovered I can't add any Elevation data fields to a screen on the Ultra activity profile.

Is this a bug or a feature? Am I missing something?

Specifically I would like the simple Elevation field to easily see my current elevation. 

I know you can get similar data by using Climbpro, but I would need a course set and it seems strange that this whole category of data fields seems to be restricted on the Ultra activity type (considering elevation is very relevant in mountainous trail ultras).

• Thank you .  I'll be posting any updates that we have on this report in this thread rather than in the 12.20 bug report thread.  No need to start a new thread in the 12.25 bug report.

• Software 12.23 

1. Yes 

2. Yes 

• It was a very narrow focused update just to sort some major issues (TE and Battery) it seems

• I just realized this today - very annoying

• Firmware 12.27 and the fields are still missing! Whats going wrong with Garmin?

Whats the problem adding these fields? Is the forerunner series not for ultra runners?

• I'd really like to give you guys the benefit of the doubt - but this is an expensive flagship watch and this glitch means that I can't use the Ultra function when I run a 50k?  Yeah - i just use trail run and lose the function where it tracks your time at aid stations.  But for $500, and a relatively easy fix . . . . update after update . . .  months after the release of this watch . . . . like . . . I just wonder what goes on behind the scenes?  How disorganized is it?  You have a forum of people complaining about issues.  Whether it's this or the headphones being disconnected . . . and it's seems that nothing is addressed . . . . . . Make a list of all the stuff that's messed up and just start checking things off? 

• I've used workaround - I putted the Elevation and Navigation data fields to the "Navigation data screens" (Setting > Navigation > Data Screens), there are those data fields available, and You can use them if You start Course navigation. But attention, You must configure the data screens/fields BEFORE You start the Ultra Run activity. During the Ultra activity are the Elevation and Navigation data fields restricted also in the "Navigation Data screens settings"...

• Hello all,

We do not currently have any new information on this report just yet but hope to have something to address this in a future software update.  At this time, we do not have a timeline for the release of this future software update.

• Kevin - Thank you for the offer to support; I am unable to resolve

1. Yes, I am missing the data field options related to elevation on my Forerunner 255 in the UltraRun workout type. (Note: elevation is visible in Run workout type). 2 Yes, please email me. 3. Yes you have permission to view/access my account 4. USA

I look forward do your email.