This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Not seeing weather on 955 running iOS 15.5 (if you are running iOS beta, feel free to monitor thread's traffic)

I'm not sure if I've missed something, but I'm not seeing any weather data on my new 955.

My linked iPhone has been set to Always share location data with Garmin Connect, so what else am I missing here?

My iPhone 11 Pro is running iOS Developer Beta.

Thanks.

• Not likely an iOS issue.  Same here with Android.

• Or not necessarily anyway. Worked last week.

• As it happens, I am running iOS16 Beta (not sure if everyone else reporting problems is as well).

I've tried using Open Weather API on one of my watch faces (Glance Pro) and that's working fine, as is the "OWM Weather" widget.

• I've played around with different settings and switch between the phone location and fixed location options over the weekend, here are the observations:

- the phone location option doesn't seem to work.   I thought it was working originally until I switched to another location and unable to come back to the original phone location on its own.  So I am currently using the fixed location option.

- the fixed location option continues to work properly.  I've switched the location to different places around the globe, and all worked.  In some cases, it helps to go into the widget's hourly & daily views to trigger the updates.   I am not 100% certain if the update is time-based (updates every x minutes) or based on other triggers, but it does work.

- Another thing worth trying is to look at the sunrise/sunset times.  Because it's also a location-based feature, it may help to isolate the issue (location unknown vs. weather feature not working).  Just remember to select a location far way to easily observe the changes in sunrise/sunset times.

• Hi.

Ok I have set the Settings/User Settings/Weather Location (in the GC App)  to Fixed Location and saved as such

The Weather widget remains blank  also says No Hourly Forecasts available and No daily forecasts available

The strange thing is that this was working perfectly initially and went like this after doing a watch full reset to sort an issue I had with the Morning report.

The Sunrise/Sunset times seem in line looking at the standard Garmin watch face containing same.

Thanks!

• S.M.R.,

Having sunrise/sunset data is encouraging.   So the watch seems to register the location.  Have you tried switching to different fixed locations (preferably a large metro location to ensure the weather station data is available and force an update)? 

Another thing to check is going into the online Garmin Connect, and look at one of the recent 955 activities.  The upper right corner usually shows the weather condition at the time of the activity.    Someone more knowledgeable about this may know if the data comes from the activity meta data within the watch or correlated afterwards using online data.   But I am curious if it shows anything.

• Hi Forerunner

1. in GC , yes Activities show weather.

2. The location is set as Philadelphia PA , I did also try New York. Ive just now set it to London also. - BTW that doesn't change the sunset sunrise on the mentioned German standard watch face.

Still the weather widget  (glance) remains blank.

Im going to remove the glance and then put it back and see if that does anything

• So I deleted the weather glance from the watch , switched both phone and watch off an on. Added the glance again (via the watch itself).

Location setting in iOS for the GC app is Always On .

These things are interesting...I assume there is a simple thing we are missing ....Also strange that it worked before.

Not keen to do a full reset again....I wish Garmin would let on have. template of Activity screens in backup or something to avoid having to redo them after each reset....

• To make it more interesting...

I added the Sunrise and Sunset Glance - works

I added the temperature Glance - works

So why is the Weather glance not working....

• BTW The weather on the Morning report functions also!