This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Screen protector availability

I'm posting this to see what people are doing for screen protectors as they become available. I reached out to Supershieldz as I am really happy with their tempered glass protector for the 945. They responded that they should have the film version in 2 weeks and glass version in 3 weeks for the 955.

• Yes this is the Amazon one that was to be my "temp" until the 955 specific starts shipping. The size is 1.6120 on the Mitutoyo digital micrometer. No way on this forum to easily upload an image, unless I am over thinking it!

• when you click reply, there should be an "insert" menu with the option to insert a photo from you phone/computer.

• I was that but it would not allow me select my file. All dig deeper it could be the file type or a size limitation just wasn’t up to do it tonight. 

• Just received the brotect 955 solar (airglass and hd-clear) from protectionfilms24.com and well... crap.

That is, they are only 3.7cm in diameter so just cover the solar ring but certainly not from edge to edge. Very disappointing (especially because I ordered an 8pack because they were only 2-3 bucks more expensive ;) )

The 945 ones had a better fit...

Only tried the airglass ones, assume the others are the same but don't want to open the other package just yet.

• I got hd-clear from them too. I wrote to them that they are to small and they repiled that they will send me propper samples for testing for free. I have old FR230 airglas from them and it is so perfectly on my FR955 that i have problems to take it off :) 

• Ah, good to hear about that... wonder if I'll get the same offer. Just mailed them this evening so haven;t heard anything yet...

• The 41.5mm Brotect Airglass protectors do fit precisely to the edge of the glass, but they're fingerprint magnets.

• Do you have a link for this screen protector. I did a search and couldn't find the Enduro from supershieldz..

• would be interesting to know what material is best for solar charging / touch screen / protection.

I saw that supershieldz makes tempered glass and PET protectors, not sure what is best.

• i'm currently using a Supershieldz protector for the 935 on my Solar and it is working well. doesn't affect touch and solar seems to be working fine too. it's only 1mm too small, but i'm looking forward to the proper size which supposedly will be shipping in a week or two.