This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Replace battery for Forruner 945 ?

Hi All

Has anyone replaced the battery for F945 after a long time of continuous use (Running, swimming, cycling ...) every day?

Examp: after 2-3 năm

Thanks

• Yeah, I can't really tell if it's a f/w issue, or the battery declining, but it's definitely declining.

I used to get 5-6 days, with maybe 4-5 hours of GPS in there (use my Edge 1030 for most outdoor cycling-tracking and such).  This includes recording "non-GPS activities", a few custom ones that I created, since the 945 isn't the greatest at auto start/stop, for most stuff. I'd say it catches maybe half my rides, if I just leave it on auto-track, and it's handy to have "intensity minutes", which is the only great metric that spans most.

Anyway, yeah, I've been underwhelmed by the battery from almost the start, having had ridden with a lot of cyclists/tri competitors with the 935 series, who rave about it, I expected a bit more from the 945 (coming from a 2YO VA3, that was very consistent in this regard).  

Even so, it seems like Garmin should have some way to replace the battery,and kick the life out a bit, for a couple more years (particularly if it's going to be hard to upgrade, near-term, in terms of availability...).  I might call a couple of watch-repair places, but I sort of doubt they do much in this area.