This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

and the next update for Fenix 6 and nothing for the 945

There is the third update for the fenix 6 (inkl. the battery drain) and nothing for the 945 and a there are a lot of troubles. Very Sad, but it shows the importance from garmin. This is not what the best sport model has deserves.

• I sold my 945 and bought a F6Pro, but it’s not like there’s any difference in OHR accuracy or battery consumption. F6Pro software is a mess too. I feel the Fenix line is where Garmin focuses their Elevate3 sensor development and when there is progress it will come to the 945. Guess it has to do with the number of users (much more F6 users than 945 users I think?)? But then again, there hasn’t been a lot of progress, although there have been a lot of updates lately, so don’t get your hopes up just yet.

• do you miss anything from the 945? I mean, software wise? 

• most probably widget glances and power management :-). but what 'we' 945 users complain is the long time during updates - while the f6 line receives at least 2-3 betas in between the stable releases. same goes with the music power drain bug - the f6 team came with the solution in a very short time but we will have to wait much longer :-). usually during the f5-935 time sw releases were published at the same time but now it seems that the 945 get's neglected...and that's why personally i'm a bit pissed :-) 

• Not only you. It is very frustrating for a 945 user to buy the Premium Sport Watch and have such a lot of troubles. Why get the breathing bug not solved. In IOs it is useable in Android not and this for over a month. You have always the feeling you are only second class. Very, very frustrating.

• Jupp, FR945 was degraded to second class. Not the feeling that it is the watch comparable to the Edge 1030 if you look in the Lineup. Its not a cheap second hand Fenix, its THE Sports & Fitness watch.

Selling it and generating new revenue for Garmin through buying a Fenix 6 will only prove Garmin right. Instead, I would recommend to make "marketing" for Garmin and tell people how satisfied you are to be a FR945 owner and how well you feel supported.

• No, I don’t miss anything. Fenix has a bit more widgets, longer battery life and I really like the watch faces. Use the watch mostly for running and day-to-day tracking. OHR during all-day tracking is still not very accurate, but they are at least finally trying to fix it l, since a week or 2.

• Thank you, funnily enough I was in doubt between F6 Pro and 945 ... I went for the 945 because it seemed a bit smaller and better for Running...

• I returned my 945 and switched to an Apple Watch, all good so far! no cracked HRM, a barometer that works, 24 hour battery life. Has worked fine running, swimming and skiing!

• I bought the 945 to replace an Apple Watch S5 which I was tired to recharge once a day or more... :) 

• I was initially annoyed as well when I read this thread, but then actually went to the Fenix 6 forum...  it's only a beta.  I've never installed a beta on a Garmin watch, I'm more than happy to let the braver than I play with those, and it still sounds like from their users the beta firmware is still generally a mess.  We've got a ways to wait, I'm thinking.  That said, I'm more than a little surprised (assuming the battery drain is actually fixed in that beta), that they don't just issue a point release for this watch and the 245 (not sure which others are affected) and kill that bug for good.  The rest of the junk in the beta patch notes can wait, IMO!