This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sleep tracking

Hello all, I'm new to the Garmin family (coming from Fitbit and then Apple Watch) and while I love my 945 for most everything the sleep tracking piece seems to be absolute junk.  I have searched the forum and while there has been a little discussion, mostly supporting my assessment, but curious if anyone knows if Garmin has made any comments about improvements in the future or if there is a place we can go to tell Garmin of features and enhancements we would like them to consider.  By far, my former Fitbit was the very best of the bunch and the data seemed quite accurate. The Apple Watch didn't track sleep natively and required the use of 3rd party apps, which I didn't like so I took to sleeping with my Fitbit at night. Was hoping to get away from that habit when I moved to Garmin, but alas I think I'll go back to sleeping with the Fitbit as the Garmin tracking seems so poor.   Anyone else have a workaround or suggestions for improving the Garmin's tracking abilities?  I've tried adjusting how tight/where I wear it on my arm but see no improvements.  Just looking for your experiences.

• Not sure this is the right thread to ask this question:  recently switched from a FR 920 to the 945.  Sleep info starts at midnight, but I want it show the entire sleep cycle, from, say 10PM to wakeup the next morning.  Has not recorded this once.  Is there a setting I can't find (I can barely turn the darn thing on....:))

• Thanks for the reply, no, activity tracking is on and functioning.  Sleep tracking starts at midnight.

• Seems Garmin plays a bit with sleep data. Data are jumping in range about 20 minutes between sleep stages.. Thinking. Anybody pls. know what is correct...is there any recommendation from Garmin to have a look on data after some time gap, lets say for example 3 hours?

Thx.

Tonight sleep:

Look at 8:56:

deep 1:12

light 5:53

REM 1:58

active 5 min

total 9:03

Look at 8:13:

deep 1:15

light 5:48

REM 2:00

active 5 min

total 9:03

Look at 7:57:

deep 0:52

light 5:57

REM 2:16

active 4 min

total 9:05

Look at 6:54 (immediatelly after wake up):

deep 1:34

light 5:32

REM 1:55

active 5 min

total 9:01

• your sleep will be synced to the Garmin Cloud when you have done your first sync in the morning, in the cloud i think Garmin analyzing the sleep and send it back, sometime more then one time for one sleep during the whole day!

i sync with a 3rd party tool a lot of data from one to other different platforms like Garmin to Training Peaks, Omron to Training Peaks and so on.

i am in contact with a developer of fitnesssyncer and he told me the same, sometimes there comes more often a day a sync back for your sleep:

Sometimes my Garmin Connect sleep sent to other services is off or duplicated; why?

Garmin Connect samples the sleep and can send us a couple updates of the sleep records before it is finalized, but are sometimes indistinguishable between the completed and incomplete sleeps. Depending on when the sync occurs, it is possible that the sleep sent was incomplete.

The workaround is usually to add a filter. In the Comment field of the Sleep item, it will contain something like ENHANCED_FINAL and these are the ones you wish to send over. If you need help, please contact us.

https://www.fitnesssyncer.com/support/garmin-connect#q6

• Thx for the info, it basically confirming my data. Regarding workaround - not sure how to apply this - so where can I find mentioned filter "ENHANCED_FINAL" or how to use it ? Thx!

• this "ENHANCED_FINAL" is an option of the developer of fitnessyncer only, so the program knows what is the final version to sync to other plattforms, in the Garmin Ecosystem you have to accept the values you see, anyway it's possible it will change for example 3 or 10 hours after your first sleep sync

• Exact same experience... very frustrating!