This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 945 Beta SW 3.08 is now available!

Download here

Notes:

• For any issues that you encounter please fill out the form included in the download and attach it to an email to [email protected]. Please note that you may not get a response to the email unless we need more information on the issue you report.
  • Although this software is believed to be reliable, it has not yet been released for production and should be used at your own risk.

Change History

Changes made from version 2.80 to 3.08:

• Added PacePro feature.
  • Added additional data field configurations (5 and 6 field).
  • Added graphical gauge data fields (i.e. Heart Rate, Cadence, etc.)
  • Improve ANT+ and BLE sensor management
  • Bluetooth software update to address battery life issues that could occur on some devices
  • Improvements to headphone pairing and media player
  • Improvements to golf
  • Improvement/fixes for Connect IQ
  • Some improvements for segments/Strava segments
  • Various other fixes/improvements

Installation Instructions

1. Connect your Forerunner 945 to your computer using the USB cable.
  2. Download and unzip Forerunner945_308Beta.zip. Place the GUPDATE.GCD file in the \GARMIN folder of your device's internal storage drive.
  3. In Forerunner945_308Beta, go to the RemoteSW folder. Place the GUP3114.GCD and GUP3303.GCD file in the \GARMIN\REMOTESW folder of your device's internal storage drive.
  4. Disconnect your device from the computer, approve the update on the watch, and wait for the update to finish.
  5. If you would like to revert to the last public release software, place the GUPDATE-280.GCD file in the \GARMIN folder. Rename GUPDATE-280.GCD to GUPDATE.GCD before disconnecting your device. To revert the RemoteSW, place the RemoteSW\Downgrades\GUP3114-250.GCD and RemoteSW\Downgrades\GUP-3303-360.GCD in the \GARMIN\REMOTESW folder. NOTE: If you revert to an older version of software, all of your settings will be reset to defaults.
  • You have Asia Pacific version. It won’t work with that. 

• Why? Is there any way to change to US version? I bought my Garmin on Amazon US.

• nope - changing the version is not possible, you'll have to return it to amazon and ask them to send you the row version Disappointed

• After a few days with it; nope, no better. Might be worse. Power Management isn't going to change much. There's just too much under the hood (even without running it all). And just too small of a battery to get it done.

It's starting to look like this watch was slapped together to appease people that wanted the F5+ things on a lighter watch. But didn't actually do anything to address those things. The watch just needed more battery. That's it. Bigger battery, more power to sustain everything running here. You can optimize all you want, it's not going to fix anything. Not to mention the incredibly slow output of updates here isn't inspiring confidence.

The 945, is kind of a lemon.

• I'm downloading the update now and will provide any feedback via the form. My question is around how the Beta software interacts with Garmin Express. Most of the time I charge my 945 at work plugged into the computer, which then syncs with Express. Will this be an issue now with v2.8 on express and beta 3.08 on the watch? i.e. avoid charging on the computer or will there be no issue?

thanks 

• My ConnectIQ Watchface is gone and although I can see it in the Garmin mobile settings, it's not settable on the watch. What have I done:

1. I had paused an activitiy by activating "resume later"

2. I navigated in the settings to training sites and adjusted one standard 4 datafields page to show 6 datafields on a page

3. I replaced the upper datafield with HR Gauge

4. I went back to the watchface -> my watchface Blink was gone and is not selectable any more

After that I tried a hard reset whether it brings back my watchface by click and hold backlight. This brought back my watchface.

• My ConnectIQ Watchface is gone and although I can see it in the Garmin mobile settings, it's not settable on the watch. What have I done:

1. I had paused an activitiy by activating "resume later"

2. I navigated in the settings to training sites and adjusted one standard 4 datafields page to show 6 datafields on a page

3. I replaced the upper datafield with HR Gauge

4. I went back to the watchface -> my watchface Blink was gone and is not selectable any more

After that I tried a hard reset whether it brings back my watchface by click and hold backlight. This brought back my watchface.

• Installed yesterday, rode home with a 6 field display, HR on top, power on bottom. Worked as expected. As other's have said, would very much like to be able to see MaxHR% instead of actual HR.

Minor oddity this morning in bed, turn backlight on as normal, move up or down off watch face and backlight goes off. Turn backlight on again, moving back onto watch face and it goes off again. Further checking showed it was only when changing to/from watch face and not scrolling widgets in general. Watch face is one of the included Garmin standard ones. May be linked to my sunset backlight settings as once I got up and stuff could not reproduce.

Will try again tonight after sunset.

• Not my experience at all. The 945 has a *huge* battery, I have not been able to deplete it during even my most epic long runs, even when enabling all the things: multiple sensors, gps obviously, watching the map a lot AND listening to music coming from the watch.

For normal use, it usually keeps an entire week, and thats with at least 6 gps activities per week. Sure there might be use cases where more battery is good (super long events? Multi-day activities without charging?), but battery life is really really good even for pretty serious sports people.

• Agree 1000%. Battery on mine has been excellent. I use the 'battery up/down' df now and then to check what the depletion looks like on long runs - but its rarely worse than about 5%. 20hrs is more than enough for me, and I am happy that I can charge on the run if I have to. Day to day battery is also very good, about 0.5% or less per day when not using GPS (but thats a rare day!)