This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Who's Making the Decisions at Garmin?

Former Member
Former Member

I'm hoping someone like Garmin-Blake, or an IQ developer will be able to answer my question.  Who's making the decisions at Garmin about what widgets, apps and data fields specifically made by Garmin for Garmin devices  is made available for the 945?  I'm coming from the 935 and there are a couple of Garmin's apps, such as "Garmin Air" and "Tides" that I found very useful, but they aren't available for the 945.  I find it difficult to believe Garmin would think these would be useful for a 935 user, but not someone with a 945.  The 945 has Garmin's "Menstrual Cycle Tracking" widget.  No offense intended to any of the ladies here, but why would Garmin omit some of their apps that anyone could use and add one that maybe 20% of users would be able to use?  It was suggested to me that maybe Garmin just hasn't added them yet.  Wouldn't you think since these are Garmin's apps they would have been the very first available at the IQ store?  The AccuWeather widget is another widget that I used often that isn't available to the 945.  I used the "contact developer" and asked them to make it available.  I was very surprised by their reply when they told me they make their widget available to Garmin, but Garmin decides what devices get to use it.  So, maybe there's a good reason I'm oblivious to and someone can shed a little light?