This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Very Very slow Sync to Garmin Connect Mobile

Often I am experiencing a very slow upload of activities to Garmin Connect Mobile from my 945 to my iOS device. By "slow" I mean 20 minutes or more for a 60min activity, sometimes even hours later it hasn't synced.  Usually I get an indication on the watch itself shortly after saving with a little green-arrow-circle icon which I thought indicated sync had completed but apparently that is not the case?

Yesterday I did a couple of gym workouts (a treadmill run followed by an indoor bike).  The treadmill run synced immediately but an hour later the indoor bike hadn't yet synced.  When I go to the sync-now option on the watch (long press on upper left button) it tells me "transfer in progress."

Anyone else experiencing this bug?

• If as some people suspect "1-second recording" is being used despite "Smart" recording being selected, that would account for the long processing time.

• Hi, I use always 1 sec. recording and 1h or 2h activity takes me to upload via WiFi about 20-30 seconds.

• I always use 1sec recording and it gets synced quite fast, via connect and also wifi

• Yesterday's 75min mountain bike ride took 20+ minutes to upload (over bluetooth as I was away from home).

I'm used to previous devices (vivoactive, vivosmart) taking mere minutes post-run.  In fact, most of the time the activity was available for view by the time I could even get to my phone after finishing the run.

What could I be doing wrong here?

• Yes, mine is also doing this. Often I have to manually trigger a sync and sometimes the sync does not go through. I then have to shut off either the watch or my phone in order to get it to start working properly again.

• Is there anything I am doing that will cause this?

My old Vivoactive will transfer the exact same activity within a minute, yet the 945 will spin and spin for 10,15,20min before the activity is uploaded.

And what is the little green icon that looks like a circle of arrows supposed to indicate on the watch?  I would've thought that was to notify that the sync completed but apparently not.

• the issue can be very slow upload, because there is new maps required to update try via cable and after speed up via mobile phone

• From time to time I observe the same (but looking back for the last weeks: it's more an exception than every time).

This can also happen when explicitly syncing with WiFi. What I've seen in such cases is that the activity itself is usually synced quite fast. While the sync-progress indicator is still spinning, I get already messages from Strava/Connect that my activity is available or a challenge is completed.

So I don't believe it's related to the size of the activity itself but there must something else going on.

• This past weekend, it took longer (5+ hours) to sync than the activity (4 hours) took to actually run!  I wish I knew some "trick" I could apply to force this sync over.  It's a bit ridiculous to be sitting around a cafe post-run and everyone is comparing their run activities and my brand new expensive watch is still syncing.  My old vivoactive synced the same activity in seconds after I finished.

• I have been having this same issue for a while on both my 935 and 945.  I dont remember when it got bad but it happens for all my workouts now which is usually 2+ per day.  It does not matter if I sync via Wi Fi or the connect app.  Very frustrating.