This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Zwift speed very high

Hi. I'm a first time user in the Garmin ecosystem (FR935) coming from a Wahoo and Lezyne background.  I've done a few Zwift rides recently and consistently get impressively high average speeds,  today's was almost 184km/hr. While I like to think I'm pretty good those numbers probably stretch the imagination. Has anybody else experienced this problem and fixed it? This is on an Elite Direto X. Thanks!

• Because the wheel circumference is wrong in the FR935, with normal road bike wheel it is ~ 2100mm but with Elite direct trainer , this is totally different: with Direto X you have to set it to 173mm and your speed will be closer to the 20-30km/h range (https://elitesrl.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001046434-Elite-trainer-circumference-configuration-with-My-E-Training-third-party-apps-) . just a notice: your Zwift ingame speed and the speed on your FR935 never will be the same, because the source of the 2 speed values are totally different, Zwift is computing it on many factors, from your power, weight, used bike/wheel type, terrain, draft , trainer difficulty setting % , etc, the FR935 gets the physical speed of the rear "/fly/wheel" in the trainer. so on a flat Zwift course your Zwift speed will be lets say 40km/h for 1 hour with 150-160watt if you do it in a bunch, but you can do it on small ring - middle rear or in a little harder gearing with 90-100rpm, and this gearing will give you apprx 25km/h speed on the FR935. and it is normal. on a hilly course like ven-top, if the trainer difficulty in Zwift is set to 100%, then the 2 speed values should be close to each other (if the difficulty is on the default 50% , then the speed on the FR935 will be less than the Zwift's one, for sure)

• That's great thanks , appreciate the comprehensive reply!