This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Triangle of death fixed my biggest problems

I had my forerunner 935 connected to my macbook and if you don’t properly disconnect your watch it will freeze or crash.

This time it crashed. Really crashed. I could turn it of, but when I turned it on again there was the triangle of death. Tried multiple times, same triangle.

What to do? Nothing left than a  master reset

• Power off watch (press and hold Light, Yes on prompt)
  • Press and hold Start/Stop and Lap/Reset.
  • Press and hold Light (three buttons should now be pressed in)
  • After first beep, release Start/Stop.
  • After second beep, release Lap/Reset.
  • Release Light.

I had to reconfigure the device again, but thanks to true up I still had my vo2 and training load. (The morons at garmin cannot or will not implement a settings backup feature.)

But what I noticed afterwards:

1. reconnect via bluetooth to my iPhone in the morning (after a long do not disturb period) suddenly works again without me pressing reconnect on my phone.

2. Battery consumption in gps mode is down again. Before the reset it was a lousy 10% usage per hour, now it is down to almost 5%.

Probable a temporary fix, but for the time being I got rid of 2 of my major irritations.

Don’t expect Garmin will really look into the large amount of bugs in their software. Or they can’t fix them. 

• Well.. it lasted 4 days. Now the buggy behaviour is back again. Every morning I have to manually reconnect my watch to my phone.

• Any suggestions.. my blue triangle of death did not go away with those steps

• Try garmin support.

It depends on which country you live in. I hear some amazing out of warranty service, but here in the Netherlands it's really bad. Really bad.

But if a master reset didn't do the trick I'm kinda afraid there is no easy way to restore your watch to live again. 

• Thanks for the reply 

• To anyone who encounter this issue - it is caused by Garmin crash either during activity, or in my case during booting up after empty battery and connecting to the charger. The only way to fix it is to reboot Garmin again, but since it not responding to any input, you have to wait till the battery is dead again, and connect the charger. One way to make that happen sooner is to put garmin in the fridge for a night. I had the tiangle on my watch for a few hours, nothing worked, then putted it to the fridge, on the morning it was completly off. Waited for it to warm up a bit and connected to the charger. Now it is working as before :)