This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 935 inaccurate count of swimming strokes

Hello

(reposting this to the right forum, as this is about 935)

My Forerunner 935 is accurate in detecting the number of pool lengths (i.e. it correctly counts how many distances I swim) and is also reasonably accurate in detecting the style.

However, I find that it systematically overcounts the number of strokes-per-length by a factor of 10-20%. I have been counting  the strokes in a 50m pool, and while my (counted) strokes were between 27 and 30/length,  the 935 returned systematically higher counts (around 32 to 35 respectively) . The error seems to be quite systematic (i.e. I do not get erratic values).

Has anyone experienced anything similar? The only explanation I can think of is that the watch does not actually *count* the strokes. Rather, it uses the cadence measurement (the same that is used to count the step pace in running), and then estimates the stroke count/length from the length  time and the cadence, and therefore adds  erroneous extra strokes for the time during which I glide after each push from the wall.

Any thought?

Roberto

• I have had a similar issue with my 935. Also it calculates the total number of lengths inaccurately often giving an extra length and saying that I swam it in 12 seconds! I have a FR 230 which I used for a couple of years with no issues and only upgraded to the 935 because I wanted to track my swim stats. Disappointing to find that you cant trust those stats. :(