This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

The altimeter in my Forerunner 935 suddenly stopped working.

The altimeter in my Forerunner 935 suddenly stopped working. The elevation got stuck in one position and didn't change since (about one week ago). The total ascent in all activities is "zero". I restarted the watch a couple of times with no effect. I think that the issue started after the latest update to 13.30. My friend from the triathlon club has the same issue. Anyone else with this problem? I already contacted the support, and I am waiting for the response. I want to find out if there is more of us.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago

Incorrect Elevation or Barometer Readings on the Forerunner 935

Other factors to consider:

Some factors that might impact the function of the altimeter/barometer

might include rapidly moving air entering the sensor ports while participating in high speed activities

; climate controlled buildings which can have slightly different pressure indoors compared to the ambient pressure outside

; and soap, dirt, or salts from sweat which can clog the sensor ports.

For the latter, you can try to clean the ports by soaking the watch in warm water with a little mild detergent.

NOTE: Never insert anything into the openings as it could damage the sensor inside.

• I'd check whether the altimeter/barometer settings are for Altimeter or Barometer, and whether the barometric plot is showing changes in air pressure.

• Former Member

The last acknowledgement that I got for altitude was 6/7/2019... Glad I'm not alone?

• Former Member

The last acknowledgement that I got for altitude was 6/7/2019... Glad I'm not alone?

• Same here, altimeter has been working fine for the last 11 months' I've owned the watch, installed the 13.30 firmware earlier this week, altimeter no longer works! The reading it gives me remains the same for every activity now! Contacted support, awaiting response!

• This isn't an issue with the update - it's a known 935 problem - the sensor for the altimeter is simply not up to the job - my first 935 lasted 4 months before the temp/altimeter sensor packed up - got a new one under warranty and now 4 months later exactly the same thing - it worked fine with 13.30 for a few weeks before the sensor failed again.  I'm fighting to get a refund - a watch with a 4 month working life is neither use nor ornament!!

• I have had similar issues with my altimeter.

If I do a GPS based activity, my altimeter resets to a correct value. But if I go a few days without doing a GPS based activity, the altimeter slowly reads higher & higher every day, adding ~100-150 ft/day.

I do get correct overall ascent/descent values on my rides.

Thoughts?

• Same issue since 13.30 update, altimeter and temperature sensors not working anymore

• Same here. 

Mine was all good for 9 months, updated one night and the following morning I was suddenly training at 7000m and 46 degrees heat.