This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Run Pod After Battery Change

Last week my watch showed an alert that my Run Pod Battery is very low. I replaced the batter per the instructions and now it doesn’t work anymore. I’ve done multiple long runs and it never wakes up and captures any data. Anyone had similar issues? I even tried a second battery to see is it was just a dead new battery.
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago
    NolanSpawn I'm having the same issue with a speed sensor on my bike. I ordered the 945 and I should get it around the 15th. I'll be able to see then if it's a sensor going out or something with my 935.
  • Have you tried a soft reset on the watch? Another thing to try is to remove the sensors from the watch and then search for them as new sensors.

If you have an ANT USB stick available then I recommend downloading this bit of software:

https://www.thisisant.com/news/simulant-next-generation-ant-simulation-tool-now-available

It allows you to simulate both ANT+ sensors and displays and is very handy for troubleshooting these type of problems. To download it you need to register on the thisisant website but it is free.
  • Have you tried a soft reset on the watch? Another thing to try is to remove the sensors from the watch and then search for them as new sensors.

If you have an ANT USB stick available then I recommend downloading this bit of software:

https://www.thisisant.com/news/simulant-next-generation-ant-simulation-tool-now-available

It allows you to simulate both ANT+ sensors and displays and is very handy for troubleshooting these type of problems. To download it you need to register on the thisisant website but it is free.

Unfortunately neither worked.
  • When replacing battery, make sure to wait at least 30 seconds after removing old battery and before installing the new one.
  • Wasn't this discussed sometime back? I can't remember the specifics but something about the alert disappearing never to return.
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago
    Wasn't this discussed sometime back

It's not the same. I got the low battery alert, changed to a new battery and removed the sensor and tried to pair again with no luck. Either the sensor went bad or my 935 is having issues. Odd that I got a low battery alert and the sensor completely go out after that.
  • I know this is an old post but just in case anyone experiences this problem I found a solution that might work. 

When I took out the battery the metal insert that holds the battery in the cover also came out, so I just popped it back and refitted the battery cover. Result - Dead pod. 

Assuming that this might be why, I took it off and looked again. There are three metal prongs on the metal insert that holds the battery. These need to be lined up with three small indentations in the plastic battery cover. I moved the insert to this position, battery in and it connected first time. 

You need to be a bit careful with the metal insert, it is supposed to be stuck to the plastic cover so it wont just fall out. I used tweezers to ease it out. 

Hope this helps someone.

• I know this is an old post but just in case anyone experiences this problem I found a solution that might work. 

When I took out the battery the metal insert that holds the battery in the cover also came out, so I just popped it back and refitted the battery cover. Result - Dead pod. 

Assuming that this might be why, I took it off and looked again. There are three metal prongs on the metal insert that holds the battery. These need to be lined up with three small indentations in the plastic battery cover. I moved the insert to this position, battery in and it connected first time. 

You need to be a bit careful with the metal insert, it is supposed to be stuck to the plastic cover so it wont just fall out. I used tweezers to ease it out. 

Hope this helps someone.

• Thank you! This was exactly my problem. You saved me from having to buy another run pod. 

• Nailed it! This was the issue. Thanks!