This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How can I turn off out of zone alerts in workout mode?

I have begun using the Training Peaks workout builder and running them on my 935. All works beautifully except for the crazy alerts! I want to turn them off but can't find where to do that. Is it even possible?
  • I'm curious if anyone has tried changing the way the zones are measured from HR to perceived exertion? I know that would be a manual change before every workout, but in my opinion a minor inconvenience to shut the damn thing up. I amended settings for my workout for tomorrow and am going to give it a shot. Wish me luck!

• Yes, that's what I've been doing for the last 2 years with Trainingpeaks and it works great. No more nagging beeps!

• Same problem with forerunner 255. I have native power disabled as im running with stryd and making power based workouts for running with my stryd. The garmin keeps vibratig that i am out of zone, saying that im doing a power of 0 (as it is disabled) vs the target. Id think that it shoukd be fairly simple for garmin to have a menu, like there is for audio alerts, called vibration alerts, allowing to toggle it of.  But vibrating for doing zeo watts vs target as the user disabled power…. Come on garmin, really?

• Given that Garmin is an internationally recognized leader in the technology industry, I find it quite surprising and honestly disappointing that such a commonly requested feature has not yet been implemented, despite requests dating back more than 5 years. It's not just an aesthetic preference or minor inconvenience - this 'Out of Zone' alerts issue genuinely impacts the user experience and effectiveness of structured workouts. Users are forced to find workarounds, which is not ideal or efficient.

The Garmin community is passionate and loyal, and we love the products and services you provide. But we also expect and deserve consistent updates and improvements, especially when they have been so frequently requested and they seem to be reasonably simple to implement.

We understand that all requests cannot be accommodated immediately and that there are constraints in terms of development time and resources. However, acknowledging the request and providing some feedback on the feasibility of implementation would be greatly appreciated by the community.

We are not asking for an immediate solution, but we do expect our voices to be heard and our concerns to be addressed. Thank you for your attention to this matter. We look forward to seeing progress on this front.

• Has anyone figured this yet? I’m having the same issues.

• These alerts are very annoying. You can't turn it off anywhere. Please Garmin Support do something about it....Do you have any other solutions for this?

• Can't believe Garmin has not provided an option to turn off alerts based on range thresholds from the Training Peaks workout yet after FIVE YEARS of people asking for it.  Surely it would be an easy fix to disable them during workouts.  If Training Peaks is sending notification options, then maybe that's where it needs to happen?   Short intervals and the alerts are painful and you can miss the transition

• Wow, I'm sorry to be reading this. I've been using the race widget suggested workouts for a couple of months and, as has already been described, the alerts are especially annoying and problematic in that they take over the screen for what seems lime way too long. I just want them to shut up already.