This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Custom Strength training workout freezes watch when pushed from Calendar

My watch has upgraded from Software Version 8.0 to 9.70.0.0. On the old software, I was able to load a Custom Strength workout in the calendar on Garmin Connect (GC) and then push the calendar to my Watch, which would upload the relevant workouts. When I then went to do the workout, I would press the Start-Stop button, then select "run" then press and hold the "Up'/Menu" button select "Training" then Select "Training Calendar", then select the Strength workout for that day, then select "Do Workout". My watch would then ask me to "Choose Activity" and I would select "Strength" then I would press Start to do the activity. Now when I am at the "Strength" selection stage above, I select "Strength" and it asks me if I want to "Turn Rep Counting on?" and a Yes and No choice is offered. When i try and select either yes or no using the "Start/Stop" button, there is no action taken. I can still scroll through "yes" and "No" but cannot select either. I cannot get out of that screen either as the Back button doesn't work. I have to power off the watch and power it back on. Is anyone else having this issue or seen this issue. I have logged an email with support to see what I get back from them.
  • I've had exactly the same problem with my Fenix 5X (sw version 22.40).  I've created a custom strength activity with steps incl Jump Rope, Air Squats, Push-ups and Lying Dumbbell Raises.  When I access it through the training calendar I get asked what type of activity it is (I don't get why) and whether to "Turn Rep Counting on?".  At that point, I can select "Yes" or "No", but not accept the selection.  After that I need to hard-reset the watch.

• A little late to the party here. Did you ever get this issue resolved? Having the same issue with my Fenix 7 when trying to start custom Swim workouts. When I select "Do Workout" the watch freezes and I have to hard reset