This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sleep not recording

I have a FR 935 and since a few days my sleep movement is not recorded properly (i.e., not shown on my phone app).
I have a Pixel 2 XL (latest 8.1 android) and the latest Garmin app version (4.6.4 or so).
When I edit the sleep times, it still does not show. I reset my watch (deletes not history of activities on watch I believe), but still....not showing.
The interesting part is that when I install an ancient garmin app I found on the web (3.16.1), it suddenly shows sleep movements on the phone for those days! So it did record the movements, but they are just not shown in the app...even more interesting, those data for some reason are NOT uploaded to the garmin connect website or at least shown there (just says not movement data or so)....
I am puzzled..any idea what the heck is going on?
Thanks for any hints and suggestions.
  • Looks like I am the only one having this issue....?
    Anyways, I completely reset my watch (pressing power button for 15sec, etc)....still, same observation.
    I also upgraded to FW 8.99 (beta). No change...
    New is that I found a newer version of the Garmin app (4.1.9 rather than 3.16.1) that also shows sleep movement data on my phone...but at least latest 2 app versions (incl 4.6.4) and the Garmin account on the web say no sleep movement for the last week or so.
    That means the watch actually did record them, but the latest app versions (+ web) cannot didplay it or recognize them as such....
    Garmin, any help/hints you can offer? Thanks!
  • Update.....after more than a week it suddenly started workign again (days before that I switched to the latest beta FW and the latest Garmin Androind App versions): It seems like turning on the HRM over night did the trick. For 2 nights it worked recording my sleep and when I turned off my HRM before going to bed yesterday it stopped working....will again try tonight and turn the HRM on.
    Weird since in the past I almost never had the HRM on over night (since I have to wear the watch + band tighter to get good/accurate readings which I do not like when I try sleeping).
    Do you guys all turn on the HRM over night?
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 6 years ago
    I leave the oHRM on 24/7. The problem is most likely your phone. There are so many phones it's impossible to have every version of GCM work with all of them. I've never had an issue with sleep tracking, but if I want to use Verizon Messages+ as my default messaging app I have to use a version of GCM that dates back to December. Sometimes the latest GCM update will cause something to stop working that worked perfectly in the past.
  • Update.....after more than a week it suddenly started workign again (days before that I switched to the latest beta FW and the latest Garmin Androind App versions): It seems like turning on the HRM over night did the trick. For 2 nights it worked recording my sleep and when I turned off my HRM before going to bed yesterday it stopped working....will again try tonight and turn the HRM on.
    Weird since in the past I almost never had the HRM on over night (since I have to wear the watch + band tighter to get good/accurate readings which I do not like when I try sleeping).
    Do you guys all turn on the HRM over night?

Yes, sleep analysis requires HR data (obviously the OHR needs to be on for this) and movement data, and is combined in Garmin Connect (not on the watch). No HR data = no sleep analysis.
  • I checked again last night, and yes, it worked again after turning HRM on.
    They must have changed that sometime in the last couple of weeks....again, I almost never had HRM on in the past and it did show sleep analysis data....anyway, good to know. Thanks for all you inputs!