This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Force 935 to alert when pairing with external HRM (or other ANT+ device)?

My Garmin "premium (soft strap) HRM" doesn't always pair with my 935 quickly. Since the oHRM isn't always reliable, I'd like to know the watch is pulling HR data from the strap rather than the optical sensor before starting my activity. (Without trying to look under the watch to see if the LEDs are on.)

Is there a way to force the 935 to vibrate/sound when it pairs or unpairs with an external ANT+ device?
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 6 years ago
    It should already do this. Not only does it beep and vibrate, but it will show you what sensor is connected on the watch face. I don't recall ever having to set this up anywhere.

Try settings, system, and then sounds on the watch. Scroll to alert tones and vibration and make sure they're both set to on. If this doesn't work, I'm clueless.
  • Huh. I must have disabled it somehow. I'll go back and squint at the documentation again.
  • Former Member
    I just updated my post and not sure if you caught that. That should do the trick.
  • Former Member

He's not looking for an oHRM or external icon. He's asking about the audio & vibration alert when the sensors connect.

That was odd. I quoted OnlyTwo and his post disappeared?????
  • Thanks for the response. Both audio and vibration are turned on. If this works for others though, then I'm sure I must just have done something stupid.
  • Former Member
    Maybe try resetting the watch? You can also try repairing the strap. I just put my strap on to go workout and I got the alerts and display on my screen. Best of luck!
  • When you have previously paired a senssor, whether it is a HR monitor, a cadence sensor or a power meter, when the 935 senses and pairs with it, it vibrates and puts a message on the screen to tell you what has just connected.
  • Just to be clear: that sensor visual/audible alert will only appear when either in the activity menu or within the chosen activity itself. Outside of this, the watch does not tell you it is connected to an external sensor of any kind (from my experience). The only place you get a vibrate is if you are within the sensors and accessories and have manually connected the sensor--and even then you sometimes get a vibrate (or beep) with the menu option stating connected (or searching or Not-Connected).
  • I think it's also worth mentioning, and this is something that has always annoyed me, there is no VISUAL way to tell your chest strap is paired. If you miss the vibrate/notification on the initial connect the flashing sensor icons don't give you any meaningful information on whether or not the heart rate strap is paired. The heart icon can mean you have a heart rate lock EITHER from the optical sensor or the chest strap.
  • Former Member
    Agreed. I believe OnlyTwo brought up the idea to have separate icons for oHRM and external HR sensors. Sounds like a great idea to me. I'm not sure if he submitted the idea or not.