This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Setting distance auto lap

On my FR 610 I just to set auto lap distance on 200m for my 15x200m p200m training. The 935 only allows 250m as minimal setting. That’s one thing I miss most from my good old 620. Do more of you have the some “problem”? Isn’t it something that can be fixed by Garmin?
  • If you set up your intervals as a workout then each step with get recorded as a lap. If you want to be more accurate then run on a track and make the duration for the step as ‘until lap button press’ and manually lap with the bottom right button

HTH
  • Could also use the Intervals feature under Run, Training, Intervals
  • Good point, I always forget that's there!
  • Could also use the Intervals feature under Run, Training, Intervals

Thanks timgrose, that’s a nice feature I didn’t use before. So it is possible to set laps shorter than 250m. Still wondering why it isn’t possible in autolap...
  • I think the vast majority of people just use Auto Lap for mile or km splits. It would not make a lot of sense for instance to go out for a run for several hours and have auto laps going off say every 100 metres. If you did that with a marathon you would have over 400 auto laps. So there might a limit to avoid having activities with thousands of laps and probably causing all sorts of performance issues.
  • If you set up your intervals as a workout then each step with get recorded as a lap. If you want to be more accurate then run on a track and make the duration for the step as ‘until lap button press’ and manually lap with the bottom right button

HTH

Thanks chunkywizard, it’s also an option. I’ll have to give it a try. As for trackrunning that is something we missing here...
  • I think the vast majority of people just use Auto Lap for mile or km splits. It would not make a lot of sense for instance to go out for a run for several hours and have auto laps going off say every 100 metres. If you did that with a marathon you would have over 400 auto laps. So there might a limit to avoid having activities with thousands of laps and probably causing all sorts of performance issues.

It’s so easy to use... but you’ve got a point there, timgrose!
  • Tried solutions of chunkywizard andtimgrose, both work fine!