This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Post your data field setup

With a lot of different data fields available I'm curious to hear how everyone has their 935 data fields set up for training and racing.

My setup which I've been using for a few garmin watch generations now..

Running
Top: Heart rate
Left: Pace
Right: Distance
Bottom: Timer

Running Intervals
Top: Heart rate
Left: Lap pace
Right: Lap distance
Bottom: Lap time

Recently I started using the training peaks workout feature for some of my workouts which uses
Top: Pace average and current range (this one: https://media.dcrainmaker.com/images/2017/03/DSC_9126.jpg)
Bottom left: Step time
Bottom right: Step distance

I like this workout pace field quite a lot and want to try using it for an upcoming half marathon.

Interested to hear what fields everyone is using? Are you using Connect IQ fields or apps over native fields? Best set ups for training and racing?
  • Usually the following:
    Top --> Distance
    Left --> Timer
    Right --> Avg. pace
    Bottom --> Heartrate

(and sometimes I just use lap info).

Playing around with the Race Screen datafield a bit, which has:

HR - Pace (avg over last 10s) - Cadence
    Dist - Timer
    Avg Pace
  • Only really look at while running. With cycling just comes along for the ride and use my Edge to look at data. So below for running.

Mainly I take the default 3 field Distance, Timer, Pace one and add HR at the bottom.

If doing an interval session based on Strava segments I use that screen assuming have starred ones of interest.

Got one for other efforts away from a track with Current Pace and Lap Pace and sometimes might add Stryd power or HR. On the track however hardly look at the watch and just essentially use it like an old fashioned stopwatch with perhaps glances at 400 splits if doing longer than 400.

Got a "geeky" one with things like GPS Elev, Elevation, Speed, Temperature, Performance Condition that might swop in and out.

Have the map page turned on as well and the RD ones (for free) with the HRM-Tri. Sometimes look at GCTB, cadence and stride length.
  • I have more fields/pages than I need, but these are the ones I actually use (even if page 2/3 is usually only for between intervals or at red lights).

Easy/Long runs:
    Page 1: Dozen Run
    Page 2: Elapsed time, performance condition, average HR, average cadence
    Page 3: LapHistory

Workouts:
    Page 1: Lap Distance, Lap Time, Lap Pace, Pace
    Page 2: LapHistory (time/pace/bpm for current lap + last 5)

Races:
    (Longer races) Page 1: Dozen Run
    (Shorter races) Page 2: lap distance, lap time, lap pace, lap cadence
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 7 years ago
    Trail run with navigation:

Power
    Speed | Avg. Speed
    Timer

Heart Rate
    Aerobic TE | Anaer. TE

Wpt. Next
    Dist. Next | ETE Next
    ETA at Next

Map
    Off Course

Time of Day
    ETE | ETA
    Sunset

GPS
    Batt. Level | Temp.
    Elevation

Auto lap at 1km, 2 fields, Lap Speed | Lap Time

The ETE/Next ETA/Next and Off Course fields appear broken. Might be my .fit, possibly firmware...
  • I don't really look at most of the pages I have set up for running, but here is what I have:

Page 1:
    Pace, Timer, Distance (can someone please tell me the difference between Timer and Elapsed Time?)
    Page 2:
    Lap Pace, Lap Time, Lap Distance
    Page 3:
    HR and Zone
    Pages 4&5:
    Cadence (the only one I care to check while running) and the other standard RD fields
    Page 6:
    Virtual Partner (I occasionally use this one)
    Page 7:
    Performance Condition, Strava Suffer Score, GPS

And then I have the map turned on and music controls and time of day.

I mostly just switch between the first 3 screens. I really like the workout screen when I do custom track workouts.

I haven't used it for biking yet but I'm going to go for my first ride this Saturday. I'm just going to go with the default screens already set up.