This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Skin irritation

Hi,

I am wearing the Forerunner 935 almost constantly for 3 days now and notice red skin irritation on the place where I wear the watch.
It is plastic, maybe that is the reason. I had it too with my Forerunner 630...
I never had this with my V800, but that was metal.

Don't think there is a solution to the problem?
After I go for a run I clean the watch under the shower.
  • I had some slight irritation as well the first 4 or 5 days. Has since gone away for me.
  • I did see something similar myself the other day but it's now gone.

Mind you I got a blood blister on my thumb last night that noticed after a ride. Maybe my cycle mitts weren't A1 clean. Might be similar on the back of my watch especially as I tend to wear it nearly 24x7 now. In the shower only really the screen gets a wash. Note to self...
  • I had that with my first forerunner, 235 I believe... Really got a rash from that in the beginning. But apparently my wrist had to adjust to the material or something because it went away after a short while...

After that I owned the 735xt and now the 935 and no issues anymore. Although, every now and then I do get annoyed and I have to loosen it one notch or so but that really is a rare case nowadays.
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 6 years ago
    The recommendations of ensure the watch is clean and dry after activities are great, and we would also recommend reaching out to our Product Support team with any skin irratation concerns so that we can investigate this with you directly.
  • You might try wearing it one notch looser.

I have done this and haven't noticed any degradation in the oHR readings throughout the day. I do use a chest strap for all activities though.

• My wrist after ~2 weeks of 24/7 (outside of showers) usage. I don't feel the irritation but it's definitely not pretty...
  • I would occasionally get this with my vivofit2, which I never took off. Definitely a function of the device surface remaining on your skin, with little to no movement, little to no airflow, and moisture from sweat/life. I would occasionally flip my vivofit2 around when I noticed it developing to mix it up and let my skin get back to normal.
  • My wrist after ~2 weeks of 24/7 (outside of showers) usage. I don't feel the irritation but it's definitely not pretty...

I get similiar if I have kept it tight after a run. Taking it off for a shower, or loosening a notch seems to improve the situation.
  • That's either contact dermatitis (not likely), or an irritation cause by salt crystal buildup as the result of repeated sweat accumulation under the watch. Sweat moistens and dries repeatedly, leaving salt deposits, which the watch then rubs against, causing irritation. Ironically, because you are constantly moist under there (whether you realize it or not), the salt deposits and then DRIES OUT the skin there. Solution is periodic washing of the area to clear the salt, use a quality moisturizer (my wife got me into Aveeno), and leave the watch off for a couple hours. You'll find the regular cleaning and moisturizing might mean you don't have to leave the watch off hardly at all.
  • Try this:

Wash off watch in sink. Make sure you clean the under side and the buttons. Put watch aside so that it can air dry.

Hop in shower and do your shower thing. Dry off, get dressed, let your arm air dry also.

Now, put your watch back on.