This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

745 battery draining fast after activity

My Garmin 745 lost 66% battery in an evening after I went on a 30 min run.

I charged my 1 week old 745 to 100% around 6 pm yesterday before going out on a run. I ran 3 miles on a track near my house (with no music) and got back home within an hour. Did some work and hit the bed late around 1 am. That's when I noticed that the watch battery was at 33%. A drop of 66% in 7 hours!!! I restarted the watch and went to bed. Since restarting, the watch has dropped only 9% in over 12 hours. 

What might have happened here? Could it be that GPS was running in the background? How can I tell if GPS is running? 

• I just bought the 745 and did the update to 3.40. I notice yesterday that I went to sleep with 43% of battery at 12am. When I woke up at 9 am today, the watch had drain all the battery. I had the pulse ox meter on just when I am sleeping. And the do not disturb also. I had to charge my watch every day. It does not last  more than 24 hours. Also yesterday I did not went for a run.

• I had the same problem and returned it to the shop, seems to be defect. See https://forums.garmin.com/sports-fitness/running-multisport/f/forerunner-745/246896/forerunner-745-battery-issue

I got a new one and I did the update but now I do not have any battery defect anymore.

Charging measurement:

03.12.2020 20:20             à           100%

05.12.2020 15:20             à           68%

05.12.2020 20:20             à           65%

06.12.2020 19:12             à           45%

I use default WatchFace but without seconds, connected to smart phone all the time, PulsOx off.

• Yes, it was connected to smart phone. It seems to be working fine now though. I haven't experienced this issue anytime recently

• When I was facing the issue, I had ignored the notification about my activity being available to view in Garmin connect. Ever since this incident, I've been dismissing the notifications that show after the activity (about Garmin Connect, Strava etc) using the Start/Stop button instead of letting the alerts dismiss on their own. I don't know if that has anything to do with "closing out" the activity but I haven't seen any drastic battery drop recently

• Please help. I am having the same issue. Fully charged last night when I went to bed. Woke up this morning and the battery is drained 23%. I didn't even wear the watch over night. It was just sitting idle. I had similar issue with the 645M and had to replace it with 745. Now same problem with this brand new more expensive watch. Extremely frustrating. It just started a day or two ago. 

Another problem I am having unrelated to the above is that the charging cable doesn't sit properly in the slot. So the thing doesn't charge up at all... 

Help. I an wasting way too much time on this expensive piece of crap..

• Hi Brooks, I am on 3.40 on my 745 and I am seeing excessive battery drain.  I just charged to 100% this morning, and after 1 hour Ive already lost 10%.  

• From my experience, i turned off the Pulse Ox, and move to a low consumption watch face (ActiFace, power saver On).

• En 1h, sin pulsioximetro activado, sin hacer actividad, 1%. Es normal esto? Debería consumir menos de 1% en 2 horas.

• Hello, a couple of days ago, I charged it to 100%, after an activity of 1 hour of indoor cycling, the activity was uploaded by wifi, an hour later I saw that the battery was drained up to 20%, in 2 hours it was used up 80% of the battery, the reason, the wifi was caught, I could see it because I have beta 4.04, that was the reason.

Greetings.

• I've had the same problem after a long bike ride yesterday. Things were pretty OK till then, in my week old FR745.