This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 735xt stopped pairing with chest straps

I have a three year old Forerunner 735xt.  For some unknown reason it just stopped pairing with my chest straps.  I have three (HRM-Run, HRM-Swim, and brand new HRM-Pro which has yet to be paired).  I searched this forum and as a result tried removing the prior pairings for the Run and Swim and restarting the watch.  I also put a new battery in the HRM-Swim.  None have solved the problem.  When I try to pair with "Search All, it says no sensors found.  When I try to pair as a HRM, it tells me to wear the HRM to connect, yet I am wearing it.  I've tried this with all three straps.  I find it unlikely that all three would be bad so there seems to be a watch problem.  Any suggestions on what else to try?  

• Charlie. I am having exactly the same problem. Also, RHR has not been recorded for a while now. The different straps I have tried also failed on my 530 bike computer. 

• Hosgooda, 

I’ve resolved my problem and it turned out to be bad HRM batteries.  But circumstances were such that it didn’t seem like it could a battery issue.  I ended up doing a chat session with a Garmin service rep.  She focused on the brand new HRM-Pro since one would expect that to be in perfect working order and it has the ability to connect two ways (Ant+, Bluetooth).  She had me try to connect to Garmin Connect via my phone using Bluetooth as a way to check if there was a watch problem.  That connection failed too.  From that she concluded it was either a dead battery (something I didn’t expect from a new strap) or a bad HRM strap.   I removed the battery and checked it with a volt meter.  It was dead.  After replacing the battery, it was able to pair.  I then went and checked the battery on the HRM-Swim, which I had already replaced with what I thought was a new one, it too was dead.  I’m not sure how I ended up with a dead battery since I replaced it with a new one from a package but perhaps I got the new & old mixed up.  Afte replacing it again, I was able to pair it.  I then checked the HRM-Run, also a dead battery.  So, what seemed improbable to me turned out to be reality.  If you haven’t done so, I recommend checking batteries with a volt meter to rule out that as an issue.  Good luck.