This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Improving accuracy of 735XT on trails

Hello all:

I received a 735XT as a gift to replace a 910XT that I had picked up used on eBay. All in all, I really like it- it's so lightweight and seemed accurate for my bikes and runs out on the road, and did well enough for open water and pool swims. However, I have been getting into trail running here in the woods of New Hampshire more and more. If I am out on a pretty straight trail (like a rail trail) or old roads (like fire roads) it seems fine, but when I get out on the windy single-track, it is way off. I did a well established race that is 9.5 miles and the watch had me at 8.6! Just this morning, I ran on single track with someone wearing a 920XT- she had 4 miles and I had 3.6. She said she has another trail running friend who is also consistently shortchanged. I have my watch set on the one-second GPS tracking. I have a footpod- would that help on trail? I am also reading up on GLONASS- should I be using both? Thanks for your insights!