This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Training calendar disappeared, for 3rd time in a month, this is messed up

My training calendar abruptly disappeared from my Garmin yesterday. This is the 3rd time in a month that my calendar has not worked, every time the failure occuring in a different way.

In this case, when I select Training Calendar on my watch, I get a message "Download your training calendar from Garmin Connect". I cannot download my training calendar from the Garmin Connect website as the Import to Device option no longer exists. The only options are Publish Calendar, Connect to Office 365 Account, and View Compatible Devices.

I am syncing the watch with the Garmin Connect app and the watch shows as Updating, but the calendar is not showing up on my watch.

On the calendar page I  have selected Send to Device from the App and the watch shows the 2 arrows indicating data is coming over to watch, says it is Updating, says Transfer is Complete and I get a message "Download your training calendar from Garmin Connect".

I have spent hours trying to figure this out, I've talked to a customer service rep for almost an hour, I've deleted the app from my iPhone and reinstalled, I've turned off the watch/turned it on multiple times, I've deleted my training data from my Mac and reinstalled it.

Please someone help. Either with technical advice, or the name of a good non-Garmin replacement running watch.

• Adding to the growing list of people having the same problem.  I am no newb trying to get my new watch to work, have been through many updates and this is the most frustrating mistake to date!!  Get it fixed now Garmin or I'm done for good.

• Adding to the growing list of people having the same problem.  I am no newb trying to get my new watch to work, have been through many updates and this is the most frustrating mistake to date!!  Get it fixed now Garmin or I'm done for good.

• Update: no update! Spent 58 more minutes with Garmin on the phone today. That was not 58 minutes of talking. It was 45 minutes on hold waiting for someone to help me, 1 minute of my describing the problem, 10 minutes more of holding and 2 minutes of being told that the Garmin software is not communicating with iOs, so, they are working on it. No timeframe of when it will be fixed. But I will get an email when it is ready! Don't know when but that is something to look forward to!!!! And after the call, my training calendar completely disappeared from Garmin Connect on my iPhone! 

Garmin----I bought this watch TEN MONTHS AGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What are you going to do to make this right? 

• Same problem here... Planned workouts in the calendar do get sent to watch under My Workouts, but the Training Calendar just says: "Download your training calendar from Garmin Connect".

This is especially annoying as this is supposed to be the new TrainingPeaks daily workout app replacement!!

• This issue is going on for 2 months now and Garmin is not communicating anything other than a brief message on this forum 28 days ago by Garmin-Blake: 

This issue has been escalated and is currently being investigated. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.

I hope Garmin provides us at least with an update when we can expect this to be resolved. I cannot believe that 28 days is not enough in order to fix a software issue in order to keep the customers satisfied. I think it's time to get rid of my Fenix 3 and get a proper Suunto with better customer support.

• Okay guys, I resolved the issue, hopefully it works for you as well:

Opening Garmin Express and going to 'about Garmin Express'' I realised I had Version 6.14.0.0 and there was a new version available but the application couldn't download and install the update directly from the application in Mac OS.

So I downloaded the latest version 6.15.0.0 seperately from the Garmin website and installed it over the old version I had. Then synchronised my Fenix 3 again and now I have recovered my training calendar!

Hope it works for you as well!

• It works. Just download the last version of garmin and sync it.

https://www.garmin.com/fr-FR/software/express/ 

I've downloaded this one, it was the 6.15

• It works, you just have to download the last version of Garmin express and sync it.

• It works, you just have to download the last version of Garmin express and sync it.

• It is not working anymore. I don't know why...