This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Structured Workouts in Training Peaks

Training Peaks just added Structured Workouts and the ability to download them as FIT files and load them on the Garmin watch:

http://help.trainingpeaks.com/hc/en-us/articles/235164967-Workout-Builder

I tried it tonight and it worked perfectly. Might make life a little easier for anyone working with a coach.
  • Interesting. Never tried Training Peaks. How does it help you?

I heard you can include power with the run ones but the 735 does not seem to recognise it even if you use your Stryd?
  • Looks like a great addition, but currently you can't mix distance and time goals unfortunately. E.g. 1 mile at threshold pace with 2 minute jog recovery.

This is a killer for me as a lot of the interval workouts i do mix things up like this. And yes, i know i could estimate the distance i'd jog in 2 minutes and substitute, but that's annoying, and i already have the workouts set up in GC (and that doesn't really work for sets with timed rests where distance is not involved). So i probably won't use it until they expand the functionality.

Also, if i understand correctly you have to add the workout manually (drag a .fit file over to the watch), whereas GC seamlessly syncs via bluetooth through through GCM.

Nice to see them adding features though. I use TP a lot to track my training, and catch/examine a lot of other data (weight, blood pressure, etc).
  • Yup, agree with all the limitations. Only benefit at this point is if you have a coach, they can build your workouts and you can just download to your watch as opposed to needing to build them yourself in GC basked on TP workouts.
  • Added to sporttracks.mobi in recent weeks too
  • Yup, agree with all the limitations. Only benefit at this point is if you have a coach, they can build your workouts and you can just download to your watch as opposed to needing to build them yourself in GC basked on TP workouts.

annoyingly, if you have a workout with targets (time, power, etc.) and you build a structured training it will delete the original targets and change them to be what the structured plan is.
    So if you coach does not use this but you want to you will need to reapply the coach's targets or get it perfectly right in the structured plan :(
  • Bloody hell wish someone could help me sync training peaks calendar to my garmin, for the love of money I cannot do it, spent many many hours on it.