This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

GPS losing signal

Hi all,

My 645M seems to lose signal everytime I get to 7:30am into a run. I used to have an alarm at 7:30, and have since deleted that, and was wondering if that was the issue. On the weekend, I ran a bit later, and no issues, every day since, I have had to stop at 7:30, resume activity later, and then restart to get GPS signal.

Any ideas - apart from running in the evening!!

Thanks,

Joe

• Hello Joe - did you ever get to the bottom of this, or find a way to fix it? I've been having GPS drop problems with my 645M for ages: I thought it was something to do with my route but have just realised that I have an identical 7:30am problem! Am now onto my second 645M (having had the first replaced by Garmin) but still the same problem - so would love to have a fix. 

Rob 

• Does this happen regardless of your activity location? If you run in a different country where you get a different set of GPS satellites?

• I'm not sure: haven't done a run in another country which crosses the 7.30 threshold. Looking back at recent runs it is also a problem at 7.30pm as well as 7.30am. 

• Typically, I would suggest deleting the \GARMIN\REMOTESW folder, but you say you've replaced the watch and the issue continues. Seems like a scheduled event either on your watch, phone, or something out of your control.

You can try the following steps:

• Plug the watch into a computer
    • Access the device drive
      • Windows 
        • Connect the Garmin device to the computer 
        • Press the Windows key + E on the keyboard to open Windows Explorer/File Explorer
        • Select This PC (Windows 10 only)
        • Open the Garmin drive listed
      • Mac
        • Connect the Garmin device to the computer
        • Open Finder
        • Select Go in the menu bar at the top of the screen
        • Select Computer
    • Open the Garmin Folder
    • Right Click on the Remote SW folder and delete it
    • Sync with Garmin Express 
  • Hi,

My way of resolving this is to hard reset (15second hold on the power button) before every run. I then just leave my watch outside for a few minutes for it to sync to satellites. It is not ideal, however, it at least resolves the issue. I do think there must be something going a miss as mine always used to fail at 07:30! Incidentally, when I do hard reset it then messes up with the alarms on my watch, so I wonder if the interal clock on the device is causing issues...

• Hi - that's really helpful, thanks. Will try both of these (pretty sure I've cleared the RemoteSW folder before but no harm in trying again) but if a hard reset seems to get you over the 7:30 threshold then that's probably worth the faff.