This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 645 M w/ Aftershoks Aeropex, volume + not working

My setup is Forerunner 645 M, software version 6.2 with the Aftershoks Aeropex Bluetooth headphones.

The issue is that the volume + doesn't work. The Aeropex volume works perfectly with my phone, just the watch seems to be a problem. 

(I see that this issue has also been reported for the FR945, but figured it would be a good idea to also report it for the FR645.)Bee

• I am having the same issue.   

• I chatted with Aftershokz yesterday and they said they are aware of the Volume + issue with the Garmin running watches and stated that they are working with Garmin on a fix.  No timetable was provided.  

• This is a bug introduced by firmware 5.60 on the 645m, same as for JBL reflect mini 2 (thread here) and some other headphones. The workaround for now is to use the volume control on the watch - less convenient but at least you don't deafen yourself. 

BTW, I have the older Air headphones and they work well (including volume down) but they don't always connect to the watch if the phone connects first - sometimes I have to switch the BT off on the phone. Also there's an annoying beep, alterting you that it's lost the phone connection, when you go out for a run and leave the phone behind. Have AfterShokz fixed these issues on the Aeropex? 

• Volume control on the watch? New to it.  Could you please explain?

• Figured it out.  I'm an idiot.  Not to convenient though.  Thanks 

• Not an idiot, it's not easy to find a lot of these things (and yes not too convenient either even when you have).  It' here for anybody else www8.garmin.com/.../GUID-8D7F288E-0E62-4DE7-801C-E11948644A96.html 

• Hi, George.  I too have the Trekz Air, now simply called Air and agree they work well.  (Although the sound quality on the Aeropex is much improved over the Air).  I never did connect the Air to my phone so I don't experience the beeping associated with the lost phone connection but can see where that would be annoying.   So I am unable to offer feedback as to whether Aftershokz fixed this issue on the Aeropex. 

Regarding your comment about the bug being introduced in firmware 5.60.  That's very interesting!  If this truly is an issue with firmware on the 645 that can be corrected, that would be fantastic.  When I read the reviews on the Aftershokz website of the Aeropex, there was one customer that stated that the volume + was not working with their 245 and the Aftershokz rep that replied insinuated that the headphones may have to be swapped out after the fix is implemented.  So I'm still wondering if it's a hardware or software issue.  In the meantime, I will likely have to return my Aeropex while still in the 30-day return window.  (Aftershokz is a seller on Amazon).  Also, I am unable to access the volume control on the 645 while I'm in run/GPS mode and the timer is running.  

• My Jaybird Runs have the same issue with Volume+. They did work fine before 5.60 ... so should be fixable with a watch firmware update. No guarantee Garmin will fix it though. 

• Was able to revert to 4.20 and volume+ is working again. Only issue now is I cannot run Spotify. When I install it, it says I must update watch firmware. I can still manually copy music over. Not sure this is going to be a solution for me.