This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

645 freeze since firmware 5.90

Hello,

My 645 (no music version) freezed today.

Its the first time I see this, it never happened before.

I'm sure firmware update 5.90 is causing this issue.

Any suggestions garmin to fix this? 

• I did not have any freezes so far with 5.90. Why do some (many it seems) experience this issue, others don't? There must be some app, hardware, configuration or whatever (if we exclude different or defecive hardware).  Then the issue should disappear after a full factory reset not doing any 3rd party installation or setup changes. Who of those having freezes tried this? (Not soft reset,  but complete reset to factory settings and full reinstall? Then doing workouts with a little changes to setup as possible?) Or can it be a language settings thing? 

• Did you do any workouts? Because if I just use my watch I also have never any freezes. The freezes only appear if I do a workout ( running) and save it, then the watch freezes.

• I had space issues when updating to 5.90 so had to plug the watch into my PC and delete some FIT files. Haven't had any issues with the watch freezing so may be worth checking how much space is left on the watch for the main partition (not the music partition)

• Yes, I did 3 runs of about 1 hour and an indoor cycling so far with 6.20.

• I have the same experience Rick.  I just updated to 6.20...let's see what happens.

• Yes, I did several running workouts - still no issues with 6.20

• Before 5.90 I never had a problem and I train every day. now with the 5.90 when I save the third workout on the same day the clock freeze. the watch works properly  for one workout a day. If Garmin does not find a solution soon I will return the watch. Version 645 no M

• Now it hit me again. My 645 w/o M froze, after it worked properly for 10 days with 6.2. Maybe it is related to the fact that I am 500 km from home. All freezes that I have experienced happened, when I was away from home more than 100 km. WiFi upload seems not to be the cause for my situation, because it saves perfectly fine, if I am outside my WiFi home area. Maybe it is related to a GPS feature?

• I have a 645.  Same issue with freezing after saving an activity.  Started when updated to 5.9.  Came back after a few days on 6.20. 

Here's the important new news:

I CALLED CUSTOMER SUPPORT AND REPORTED THE PROBLEM.  THEY INDICATED IT IS A PRIORITY, BUT ONLY 24 OTHER PEOPLE HAD REPORTED THE ISSUE.  I TOLD THEM THERE WERE TONS OF COMMENTS ON THE FORUMS.  THEY SAID COMMENTS ON THE FORUMS DO NOT GET TO THE ENGINEERS.

GARMIN EMPLOYEES (like blake) MODERATE THE FORUMS.   BUT THEY DO NOT GET TO THE ENGINEERS EITHER.  TO GET THIS ADDRESSED, YOU NEED TO CALL (888) 442 -7646 AND TELL THEM ABOUT IT.

• Also happening to my 645 non-music.  I have had the 645 for 10 months.  No problems until around 2 weeks ago.  The screen and clock froze just after saving a run.  It happened again yesterday.  After power cycling, it works normally, but the clock time is wrong until GPS is acquired.  Now running 6.2 firmware.  Automatic updates are enabled.  Garmin needs to fix this such that the freezing does not occur.