This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

speed and distance on threadmill way off

My Daughter got a 645 music and it has allways been close to the distance and speed measured on our Myrun threadmill but suddenly it has started to measure some crasy speed and distances ? 
like right now she ran 10 k on threadmill but watch measured allmost 19 km and some crasy speeds of 3m pr km (usually the watch is measuring something like 10.2 ) 
anyone got any idea whats wrong ? i cant find any settings that can be changed whatsoever 

and it doesnt seem to help doing the threadmill calibration,next run its wrong again

• It's better to use a footpod when running on the treadmill

• I have a similar problem.  The distance/speed estimate on treadmill used to be very close.  But after the latest update, everything is way off.  But for me, it is in the other direction.  After running 5 km, my watch tells me I only ran 3 km.  I got the old version of firmware 4.20 from the other discussion thread.  I will try to install today and see if I can revert to the previous setting.

• I know the footpod is the Best but the watch was accurate within a few 100 meters before after a FW calibrations but right now it is completely useless on a threadmill and she doesnt want to be depending on a footpod 

• Having the same problem as Bugs. Was working perfectly within an acceptable differential but now is way off. A 5km treadmill run registers at about 3km. 

• Not sure why it is so different, but after each treadmill run you are able to callibrate your watch for treadmill distance. So, run a known distance, save & callibrate, and check distance on the next treadmill run.

• Use the Garmin Footpod and calibrate it outside first. It will give you accurate pace and distance and you will also be able to see your splits on GC / Strava.

• The treadmill estimate back to normal and working well after reverting to FW 4.20.  Please see the below thread for details:

forums.garmin.com/.../garmin-645-music-firmware-version-5-7

But note that you will need to set the data fields again as they will be reset after reverting to FW 4.20.  And do not connect to Garmin Express on desktop again because it will automatically update your watch to the latest FW version.

• I am having the same EXACT problem.  It was really close for a long time...and the past couple weeks it has been saying I am running crazy fast, and I calibrate it but nothing changes on the next run.  If you figure out how to fix it...please let me know.  It is so annoying!

• I have the same problem ever since the update. I was hoping, that 5.9 will fix it since there is "Correct an issue where Treadmill Calibration could give incorrect values" in changelog, but it's still the same, I get speed around 7.5 kph while the treadmill is running 10 kph. I already did two calibrations since the update and about 5 runs outside with HRM RUN2 (I don't use it while on treadmill, and I don't want to change my habits because of something that is clearly a sw bug).
    Dear Garmin, please fix it!

• This started 2 weeks ago all of a sudden in my case.. 4 min/mile off.