This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

WiFi issues

I've lots of trouble with my WiFi connection. It was working almost 100% at the beginning when others were complaining.
Around FW update 3.7 the trouble started.
Usualy I receive these two messages:
Incorrect password
OR
Unable to connect to WiFi network ... Error 500
For sure the password is correct.

Sometimes I receive error message 101 (don't remember the text)
OR
"Searching for WiF network" and it takes ages and then comes back "No app or wifi connection available". When you want to sync again you can see "Transfer in progress" but nothing happens.
The best is to restart the watch then.

When I use "Test network connection" in Garmin connect mobileI can see either "incorrect password" or "Connection Successful".
Every 2nd time it fails.

Used "forget network" and created it again -> same.

I've got already a new watch due to another issue so I don't believe it is a HW issue.

Right now I can't get it to work at all.

The WiFi receiver is a FritzBox 7362SL with WPA2.
I've made the password already really simple with just numbers and the hotspot has no special characters.

Any idea what I can do?

• It works slightly better after changing the WiFi receiver to the a fixed channel (7) in the 2.4GHz band.
    But this still far away from reliable and I still get error messages.
    BTW, now I got also Error 0300
  • I get the same problem, with wrong password on alternate connects. Virgin media super hub 3. It works fine with my newer Huawei router. Seems that nobody at Garmin knows how to do WiFi reliably as anybody who's bought one their scales will know :confused:
  • Can't assist except to say same here :(
  • I have just bought a FR645, and had the same issue. Tried some solutions, and found if you create an open WiFi network on your router (SSID not blocked and have no password), it syncs perfectly. Remember to disable the network after sync on your router to prevent security breaches.

• I can't get my FR245 to connect to my router. Tried also hotspot, same result. This garmin HW is such a huge disappointment... Do not buy it if wifi matters to you!