This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Battery drain after charged

I have discovered new issue on my FR645M. After complete (100%) charge my watch has very quick battery drain, for example 7% / hour. I always must restart watch, after that discharging is normal. I use original charge cable with AC adapter from my Samsung Phone. Any advice? Do anybody have the similar issue? Thank you.
  • Sure, I had/have.
    The very important question: What Garmin widgets do you use? It means, you have added them to the widgets used?
  • I use the follow widgets:

Watch Face - Rails
    Notifications
    Last activity
    Steps
    Activity per week
    Floors
    Power
    Heart
    Temperature
    Weather
    Weekly Activity
    Charts r.485
    Battery Widget
    Calendar

That’s all. Thank you for advice.

Sure, I had/have.
    The very important question: What Garmin widgets do you use? It means, you have added them to the widgets used?

• I have discovered new issue on my FR645M. After complete (100%) charge my watch has very quick battery drain, for example 7% / hour. I always must restart watch, after that discharging is normal. I use original charge cable with AC adapter from my Samsung Phone. Any advice? Do anybody have the similar issue? Thank you.

https://forums.garmin.com/forum/into...m-battery-woes

read my posts (1st and last) , some problem here.

Hard reset (press light for 15 seconds) and sync again resolve the problem for me. But I think is annoying bug!
  • Hard reset usually did not help for me. What helped was charging.

However, I have identified one of those three default Garmin widgets to probably cause this problem:
    - Weather widget
    - Notifications
    - Stress widget

I have faced even the problem, that after 24h I was not able to turn off device normally. I had to make hard reset to turn off and back on.
    When I removed those three widgets, the problem with battery drain and turning off disapeared. I am now in contact with Garmin support to identify what widget causes it. So far it looks, that this is the stress widget, because when I added it, I was not able to turn it off normally after 24 hours and the device seemed to react slowly. But you do not use it, so try to remove some of the other widgets too.

I am still under investigating this issue, so I was expecting you use the Stress widget too.

Start with the notification widget first.

• https://forums.garmin.com/forum/into...m-battery-woes

read my posts (1st and last) , some problem here.

Hard reset (press light for 15 seconds) and sync again resolve the problem for me. But I think is annoying bug!

Yes, I read it. I did hard reset once, unfortunately without efficiency. This issue is appearing again. I will try charge from USB and I will see.
  • Hard reset usually did not help for me. What helped was charging.

However, I have identified one of those three default Garmin widgets to probably cause this problem:
    - Weather widget
    - Notifications
    - Stress widget

I have faced even the problem, that after 24h I was not able to turn off device normally. I had to make hard reset to turn off and back on.
    When I removed those three widgets, the problem with battery drain and turning off disapeared. I am now in contact with Garmin support to identify what widget causes it. So far it looks, that this is the stress widget, because when I added it, I was not able to turn it off normally after 24 hours and the device seemed to react slowly. But you do not use it, so try to remove some of the other widgets too.

I am still under investigating this issue, so I was expecting you use the Stress widget too.

Start with the notification widget first.

I do not have installed widget Stress. I will try uninstalling weather widget, notification I use very often. Please let us know what Garmin support, how it resolved.
  • You do not need to uninstall it, just remove this tool to be used.

I am in contact with them for about 2 weeks now, they have installed me some SW to log etc. I will update this thread in the future.
  • Thank you very much for your investigation.

You do not need to uninstall it, just remove this tool to be used.

I am in contact with them for about 2 weeks now, they have installed me some SW to log etc. I will update this thread in the future.

• I see the same thing, this also used to happen on my vivoactive 3 which I sent back. I’m not sure this is battery drain or misreporting of the percentage. Unlike the vivo, this watch last ages. Over the course of my use I’m still getting around a week of use out of it.

I dont use use the stress widget, I hope Garmin do fix but I don’t think it will have any effect on overall battery life

• You do not need to uninstall it, just remove this tool to be used.

I was charging my FR645M yesterday. Before charging I removed widget Notification. Unfortunately without effect, I had to restart watch due to extreme drain battery. I am little angry and strongly thinking about new type of Garmin watch (FR935 or Fenix 5plus).