This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Backlight always slightly on

I'm having issues with the backlight always being slightly on when going to bed. When I hit the light button this obviously brightens up the screen, however even when backlight is "off" I'm still seeing some level of light on the face in a dark room. There doesn't seem to be any settings for fully off or backlight brightness.

My wife is a bit annoyed so I can't use it for sleep tracking until I can sort this out. Speaking to another garmin owner, this isn't and issue for other garmin users (Fenix 5s).

When the backlight is "off" it's still easily bright enough to read the time and cast some light on my pillow in a dark room. Can't notice it during the day though.

Anyone else having this issue?

see pics, camera doesn't pickup the brightness of "off" but you get the gist, off is definitely not "off" ciq.forums.garmin.com/.../1322105.jpg ciq.forums.garmin.com/.../1322106.jpg
  • Garmin-Joey is there any update with this issue? i have just received my fenix 5x in Egypt and i have the same issue. please tell me that there is a S/W fix.
    Note: i believe the issue is related to HR monitor, if the HR monitor light is turned off(Charging ot not wearing the watch) the back light works normally, as soon as the HR monitor is on then the backlight doesn't go off.
  • Garmin-Joey is there any update with this issue? i have just received my fenix 5x in Egypt and i have the same issue. please tell me that there is a S/W fix.
    Note: i believe the issue is related to HR monitor, if the HR monitor light is turned off(Charging ot not wearing the watch) the back light works normally, as soon as the HR monitor is on then the backlight doesn't go off.

I found the same thing Omar_Islam. When my watch (Fenix 5X) is sitting on a table in the dark (HR off), there is no backlight on at all. As soon as the HR monitor is on, the low level always on backlight comes on. I wonder if it's light bleed from the HR LEDs? Or a hardware issue where the activation of HR causes a slight activation of backlight.
  • Mine is currently having the same issue. When HR is off, there is no slight backlight. When i pick up, wear it and the HR is on, there is a slight backlight

• Wow. Have had my FR645 for some years now, and had always been annoyed by this night glow. Time to see if this is RMA-able, as it has always done it.. (and why wasn't there ever a recall about this?)