This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

VO2 max hasn’t updated or recalculated on device for a over a month

Hi,

I was getting a fairly regular VO2 calculation in my Garmin 45 over the past year. The only activities I have recorded are cycling and swimming. As the 45 doesn’t do swimming directly, I set it to cardio and then edit the activity to show up as swimming.

I had a period of Covid/infections etc early this year which saw my VO2 drop from 42 to 37. Over the past month I have increased swimming and cycling but the VO2 has not updated since April 18th. This is reflected on both the watch itself and on the Connect app. I am doing at least a similar level of activity to what I was doing when it was recording regularly so I haven’t changed anything really from what I was doing before, but now it doesn’t seem to be calculating it.

As you can see from the pic it was recording at a fairly regular interval and I can’t believe it’s just stayed at 37 this past month as my body is telling me differently. I’ve read a lot of threads about similar issues but seen no real solutions. Thanks.

• Just to add. I haven’t used running to calculate VO2 as some have suggested as I have hip arthritis now and had to stop running a year or so back. All the points collected on the graph are from either cycling or swimming (cardio). I’m not sure which.

• Please review this FAQ: What Is VO2 Max Estimate and How Does It Work?

If you are still experiencing this after reviewing the above FAQ, please reach out to your local Garmin support team. 

• Thanks, but I’ve been through all the support documents already. It’s just stopped calculating VO2 max altogether and I’m doing similar activities to before ie. Cycling and cardio(swimming).

I’ve been using an Edge 810 recently as well as the Forerunner 45 but still no calculation. I don’t have a power meter but sonewhow these values were being calculated regularly over the past 6 months until last month. I’ve got 5h cycle rides of 100km where I’m clearly over 70% of max for several hours at a time and still no calculation.