This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Why can I add every activity to ‘displayed activities’ except Indoor Cycling?

I can add every activity to ‘displayed activities’ and after the watch has synched I see the activity displayed. However when I add Indoor Cycling it refuses to show on the watch…. Strange and don’t know why!

• Have you reached the limit of Activities that can be displayed on the watch? Can you try deleting a few activities (including Bike Indoor if it is listed), syncing, re-adding Bike Indoor and syncing again?

• Hi, and thanks for your suggestions. I have selected and deleted everything and added one by one … the only one that doesn’t want to add is indoor cycling. It’s so weird …. 

• Okay, in that case I would recommend restoring default settings on the watch. Just make sure you sync to your Connect account before you do this. Here are your steps:

1- 

1. Open the Garmin Connect App.

2. Open the app menu:

• Android: Select    top left).

• iOS: Select More (bottom right).

3. Select Garmin Devices.

4. Select the name of your device.

5. Select   (top right).

6. Select Remove Device.

7. Confirm you want to remove the device. 

2- Remove/unpair your watch from your phone's Bluetooth menu

3- Restore defaults on the watch: 

1. From the watch face, hold UP.
    2. Select. > System > Reset.
    3. Reset Settings > Accept
    4. Your watch will power back on. Go through the prompts and initiate to pair to your phone

4- Pair back to your phone

1. Open the app menu:

• Android: Select   top left).

• iOS: Select More (bottom right).

2. Select Garmin Devices.

3. Select Add Device.

4. Select Browse All Compatible Devices if your exact model is not pictured.

5. Select the surname for your model, such as vivo or forerunner.

6. Select the exact model to begin searching.

7. Now you should have the Garmin Connect app and your Garmin Device searching for each other.

8. When the Garmin Connect app finds your device select Connect It.

9. When your phone prompts you, enter in the 6 digit code displayed on your Garmin Device screen.

• This step should not have been completed prior to completing steps 1-10. If you did, you may get a pairing failed message and will need to remove the Garmin device from Bluetooth and complete the steps in this section again. 

10. Select Pair or OK.

11. Select Allow for permissions, if asked.

12. Complete the remaining on-screen prompts in the app to complete setup.

13. Select Finish.