This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Change number of workouts per week in training plan

Hi, how do I change the number of workouts per week in my 10K training plan? I want to reduce from 4 per week to 3 per week, but when I go into 'edit plan' it's not an option.

I know I can reschedule individual workouts but I'm looking for an overall edit as I'll usually only be able to fit in 3 runs a week. Thanks!

• I've been through the 5k coaching plans a couple times, and I think only the Coach Jeff plans are 3/wk while the other two plans are 4/wk.  So I think you would have to change plans, which would start at square 1.  You can always just skip a workout during the week if you want to continue with your current coaching plan.

• Thanks D_Estes! I checked and it said the 10K plan I'm on can be 3-5 sessions a week. Wondering if there's a way to bring it down to 3 without starting from scratch as I'm several weeks in now...

• Interesting.  I went into GC to setup a 10k plan and the number sessions/wk not only varied by coach, but the number of sessions/wk seemed to increase based upon a faster pace/higher mileage selection during the "questionnaire" section.  The screenshot below corresponded to a 25mi/wk and 7:00 min/mile pace.  So you may be "locked" into 4 sessions/wk based upon your initial pace, mileage, and coach selection.

• Oh you're right! I'm on the Amy Parkerson-Mitchell plan so no wonder. Just changed coach to Greg and it worked. Thanks so much for your help!

• Don't know about you, but I really love using these plans.  Having workouts on a calendar keeps me honest!