This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Strap mounts broken (Forerunner 45)

Just want to give a big Thumbs up to GARMIN SA. Contacted them on support to report broken strap. they advised me to courier the watch to them for investigation.

Just received a new watch yesterday. less than two weeks. Great service. Don't get this kind of service in SA anymore. once again thanks GARMIN SA

• In the same boat with a broken strap/mount…

Hopefully I’ll get good service too. 

• Update:

Since I bought my watch online through my medical aid, I had to post the watch directly to Garmin SA in JHB all the way from KZN. 

I'm surprised Garmin doesn't have regional shops or drop-off points.

The rep I spoke with didn't answer any of my queries after sending the technical form support.

I also haven't received any notifications that my watch was received even though tracking with the delivery company says the package was delivered.

Hopefully, things will get better from here...

• Update:

All in all, I got great service from GARMIN SA.
    At first I had to do a lot of chasing up on what’s happening (Dec/Jan) but once I got through to the repairs team everything was resolved in 3 days. They explained to me why there was no contact or updates on my watch, got the info they needed from me and from there everything was smooth, transparent and super quick! Thank you, GARMIN SA. 

The gentleman who helped resolve the case was also very professional and efficient. Kudos!

I will definitely be sticking with Garmin long-term.

My only recommendations for what could’ve made the process easier and quicker:

- please make it easier for us to contact Garmin with direct lines/emails for different services. I can only wonder what may have happened if I didn’t follow up on the issue. Sitting on the customer care line was time consuming and costly. 

• Good to hear you managed to get help. Am also in the process of returning my 45 after the strap broke. Was yours still under warranty?

• No sure. Just over a year old. They didn't ask.